help! advice needed - on mercedes 320 clk.

zara74

New Registration
Reaction score
Im just now sure if its suitable for us.

Our car needs a new head gasket which could cost into the thousands to fix. (audi a4 - on its last legs)
So, with the backing of a car finance company hubby searched for a new car. After months of not finding anything in our budget a great car came up - well for him anyway - I am still unsure.
Its a mercedes clk 320 and an absoloute bargain.
We have one daughter (just turned 2). We put the car seat in the back and it fit - she would also have good visability as well.
I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with this car - and a family? its just the three of us.
Its meant to be a really safe car but have reservations about a two door.
anyone have any exerience with this type of car?

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi & Welcome,

The CLK is a full 4 seater so space should not be an issue. The only pain will be the getting in/out and fastening the car seat. IMHO I would try it out as a family to see if you could live with it.

Bajie

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMG Edition 507 (C207)
Do it.
Two door cars are so much better with young children than four [in my opinion].
I have a Skyline and my wife drives a Focus TDCi.
We have two children [11 and 5]. Will soon be looking for a CLK.
I found the main issues with 4 door cars when we were looking, especially when the children were younger, was the lack of room when putting the youngest in the child seat. Absolutely no room. With two doors, the front seat would go forward giving much easier access. We hired Jag and Merc E220 and considered both to be quite poor for kids.
If there is enough boot space I don't think you will have a problem.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
You have to go for it, I have only been driving top less for 3 years, and its the best thing I ever did with a car, One normally drives slower with the top down, so if you do not like speed,and many females do not, its ideal. with you living on top of the world your view will be outstanding. Its easy getting in and out of the CLK more so with the passenger seat a little forward.

Malcolm

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
I have a CLK320 convertible which I use daily to transport my 6 year old son to school and back. We also go on longer journeys with him and he loves it. Plus we recently went through France, four adults no kids and it performed wonderfully.

This is my second CLK and wholeheartedly recommend them.

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
television said:
You have to go for it, I have only been driving top less for 3 years, and its the best thing I ever did with a car, One normally drives slower with the top down, so if you do not like speed,and many females do not, its ideal. with you living on top of the world your view will be outstanding. Its easy getting in and out of the CLK more so with the passenger seat a little forward.

Malcolm

Do we know whether it is a cabriolet or a coupe? I remember JC saying that if yoy sit in the back of an open-top car for a long journey you will feel as though your face has been barbecued!:D

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom