HELP !!! Merc e300td auto estate

Saxonrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e300td 1999 estate
I broke down last week. Was sat in car after pulling into car park, turned ignition off, waited for 35 mins with key in ignition. Then tried to turn on, nothing, steering lock came off but no power at all on dash & no noise of ignition kicking in. Breakdown recovered car home, after dragging car in park gear onto wagon! So far saw key fob had no IR on my phone camera? So sent it off to get repaired, came back 2 days later, not working so sent off again! Is there any reasons why I can't open or unlock doors or turn on ignition? Is there a sequence to reprogramming key or security lockout; my battery on car is pretty much full power by tester??? Any advice appreciated as this car was a restoration project for me, engine all done, fuel pump, fuel lines & gearbox recently done. Cheers.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome.
I'd wonder if it was fitted with an aftermarket immobiliser?

OP
Saxonrider

Saxonrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e300td 1999 estate
Welcome.
I'd wonder if it was fitted with an aftermarket immobiliser?
Hi, as far as I know there hasn't been any additional equipment put on car, the car just has the Mercedes security device on the vehicle. I had my key checked again & it is working fine. Just charging battery again & have disconnected battery to drain all power from vehicle. It was extremely hot on the day the car broke down? & a week prior to this the car wouldn't open with electric key so used metal key to open door & the car started ok. I'm dumbfounded as to what the issue is? It's unusual for the doors not to open with elec' key including ignition won't come on; the windows are still down too???

OP
Saxonrider

Saxonrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e300td 1999 estate
ps it is a 1999 e300 TD estate avantgarde.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi Saxonrider, can't help you with the techie stuff but welcome to the forum :)

OP
Saxonrider

Saxonrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e300td 1999 estate
Ps new member so hi to everyone, cheers.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom