HELP!!! no fire to cylinder #3 and #6

OP
M

Mr.Meabon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e 1991 6cyl
thats y i made the video and tugged on each individual wire so people can see what cylinder from the cap they lead too and to show i wasnt lying about new parts an etc

OP
M

Mr.Meabon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e 1991 6cyl
but as far as getting them on wrong i took one off put a new one on and repeated process i didnt jus rip them all of and took a shot in dark

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
So, you unplug leads 2 and 3 at the cap, swap them over, which sparks now?

If 3 now sparks and 2 doesn't, it is a dist cap/rotor arm issue.
If the spark remains in plug 2, it is a lead/plug cap problem.
Yes Matt, I appreciate you have changed all these, but we have nowhere else to look.
If the cap is a pattern cap, throw it away. Same for the rotor arm.

If you want to test the HT (high tension = high voltage) supply to the cap, unplug that central lead (wire?) and put a plug in it. with cranking the engine, do you get regular sparking, or missing out 2 together, out of every 6? If regular sparking, it confirms distributor cap, rotor arm, HT lead, plug cap or plug fault.

If indeed you are missing the feed for 3 and 6, it will be a very odd and interesting fault.

OP
M

Mr.Meabon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e 1991 6cyl
well heres my new problem i cant get the leads off the cap its like they are glued on and feels like im gonna brake them getting them off i seen on a forum that they shoulda came with electric past to make the slide on and off but it didnt any easy methods to get them off without destroying my new leads??? this one guy is swearing my coil is going out but its still hard to believe when it fires all six wouldnt make since y it would make 2 out of six not fire the way i see it is if its going out it should have random cut out on every cylinder not just 2 dead and ok ill try and do more swapping of the leads but i dont have help to crank motor over while i check spark lol i guess ill have my 7yr old daughter help but she may find some way to kill me while im doing this sooo if i dont reply im dead so plz come to my funeral

OP
M

Mr.Meabon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e 1991 6cyl
ok i put two into three and three into two at the cap since two was into three it fired and no fire on other sooo that would mean cap or roller right well i put old ones on and same thing ive been told that the bearings behind the roller could be bad and making the roller lift up to miss #3 and #6 thats the only thing that seems legit to me how about u but that rubber seal behind roller is impassible to remove without damaging it soooo what rip it out order a new one and bearings or is it not that simple or do u think it could be something else

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
So, you unplug leads 2 and 3 at the cap, swap them over, which sparks now?

If 3 now sparks and 2 doesn't, it is a dist cap/rotor arm issue.
If the spark remains in plug 2, it is a lead/plug cap problem.

There you go, a short answer to that please.

OP
M

Mr.Meabon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e 1991 6cyl
a guy told be to keep bumping it over and keep tugging on roller back and forth every bump to see if it wiggles ive done it in every position and no wiggle wiggle wiggle sorry about that song got stuck in my head lol but i think we are close mates

OP
M

Mr.Meabon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e 1991 6cyl
"So, you unplug leads 2 and 3 at the cap, swap them over, which sparks now?

If 3 now sparks and 2 doesn't, it is a dist cap/rotor arm issue."

thats what happend

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
...If you want to test the HT (high tension = high voltage) supply to the cap, unplug that central lead (wire?) and put a plug in it. with cranking the engine, do you get regular sparking, or missing out 2 together, out of every 6? If regular sparking, it confirms distributor cap, rotor arm, HT lead, plug cap or plug fault.

If indeed you are missing the feed for 3 and 6, it will be a very odd and interesting fault.

OK, now this test Matt, although your daughter might kill you :D

There is a wire that goes to the starter motor, near the main battery lead in the engine bay. It is a pink/purple wire with a simple connector on it, going towards the starter. Power that up with 12v and ignition on, and it should spin over and show sparks at the plug in the 'king' lead - ie the main lead to the center of the cap. This way you can check it on your own.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Don't you just want this to go.
I'll be happy anyway.

OP
M

Mr.Meabon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
190e 1991 6cyl
sorry guys ive been moving and ill be able to get to the merc when it gets to my new place ive been without internet since last message

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Have you done the test yet??

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom