1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help with Bluetooth phone connection needed

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by rom1, Nov 8, 2014.

1. rom1

rom1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220cdi coupe/2004
    I have one of these cradles in the arm rest and it works perfectly and has done for nearly 1 year with my iphone 5

http://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes_Bluetooth_HFP.html

My exacyt model is B6 787 5877

I am trying to link it to a samsung galaxy S5 it does find the phone and goes to the point of entering 4 digits on command unit then on the phone, but does not connect.

Does the same on Nexus 5 and iphone 6 and galaxy S3 mini.

spent a while in the car park at Car phone warehouse who concluded it only works with m iphone 5 as it is older phone

My question is. Is this a command unit issue, issue with the blue tooth cradle or something else?

Can the cradle be updated to include newer phones?

Any ideas on prices would be most welcome.

Also thinking of changing to an 2007 S class 320 cdi in a few months, am I right in thinking as t is pre 2009 I will still need and be able to use this cradle in the S class

I do not want to fit a parrot kit or anything else I want it be b exactly as it is now which is perfect but with the addition to be able to connect to newer phones.

Thans in advance for any help to resolve this.

Romil.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  2. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R320 2007

4 digits? Mine is 5 digits ie 62872 (ie MB USA on an older style phone that has letters too) mine is the newer B67880000 version but the MB salesman told me the code as I bought the car. My phone is a S3mini

3. OP
    rom1

rom1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220cdi coupe/2004
    Deffo only asks for 4 digits, pic of my cradle attached, even connection to iphone 5 used 4 digit pairing code

Attached Files:

4. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    My guess is the software in the cradle can't handle the newer phones. Not sure if it's updatable, guys at Comand could advise.

Personally I'd ditch it for the ViseeO MB4

5. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R320 2007
    I'll see if my daughter's S5 will pair up with my car when see her next

6. EmilysDad

EmilysDad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    R320 2007
    Just tried my daughter's S5 with my bluetooth hpf B67880000 and it paired up OK and dialled my mobile with no problems. (my radio isn't Comand though)

7. OP
    rom1

rom1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220cdi coupe/2004
    Early signs point towards an out dated cradle as 3 of the newer phonees will not connect, however older models are fine. Going to check if it can be updated otherwise will be going for ViseeO MB4 which is update-able by the user to cover newer phones.

Thank you for checking and everyone's input, will update once i can confirm if it can be updated or needs upgrading.

8. OP
    rom1

rom1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220cdi coupe/2004
    Update: Spoke to command online today, my cradle can not be updated advised to go for
    ViseeO MB-4.

Does anyone know if it will work in 2007 S class, as I will be changing soon and want to make sure I can use it, otherwise it is a pointless purchase just for a few months of use?

9. meintheuk1

meintheuk1 Member

Your Mercedes:
    2004 E320
    I had a nightmare trying to connect my galaxy s4 to my SAP V2. But eventually it worked and now seems to work fine, really pleased as I bought mine really cheap off eBay. : ) happy to answer any questions to help if I can

10. OP
    rom1

rom1 Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    c220cdi coupe/2004
    I purchased the viseeo mb4 cradle, worked straight away, bit tricky to import phone book, but worked it out. Has been working great with no issues.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015