Help with posting

CMR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C240
Hi all

Still a bit new to forum posting so can anyone advise me on the best procedure to post. Normally before asking about a problem or whatever I search to see if it has been brought up before (to avoid people repeating themselves etc). What then, if I find something in a thread that I want to elaboarate on or reply? Do I reply to that thread (which could be from last year for example and has several pages of replies so my reply goes on the last page), or do I bring up the topic again as a new post?

I've just done exactly that (as above) but wondered that its not the best idea as the post had moved on somewhat from the original post title and also people would have to wade through the original to go to the end.

Thanks for any advice!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think it is up to you, and does not matter to us, for most of the time is saves writing out the whole thing over again, but that said, there are updates where new info has come to hand, I think the choice is yours.

Malcolm

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi,

If you cannot find the answers in the archives then you have as you say two options, resurrect an old thread or start a new one. As most threads digress a little :rolleyes: if it is a long thread it may be best to start a new one if it is only a short thread then add to it by all means.
Personal prefeances really.

SLinKyjoe

Reaction score
we closed off threads over a year old a while back so that old ones dont get resurrected when asking for members who no longer come online for advice.

if you post a reply on a older thread that isnt closed, it will come to the top of the page at the front of the forum and your post will be the first one to be read so you will, or should receivd a reply.

If all else fails, start a new thread.

Post away and see what happens. We can correct mistakes if you ask us to so no problems. We are here to help.:)

OP
C

CMR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C240

SLinKyjoe said:
Post away and see what happens. We can correct mistakes if you ask us to so no problems. We are here to help.:)

Great! - Thanks for your replies and making it seem less daunting!

The post I did send to was the one entitled 'E220 problems after fitting new battery' in the electrical section, it was about a solar power trickle charger since I dont use my car much during the week and I'm concerned about battery drain.

turnipsock

Reaction score
That is just typical as I have a solar powered trickle charger. My battery was way down on voltage tonight.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom