Help with prospective car purchase.. Interior looks old and

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enam

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have just viewed a nice E320 cabriolet, everything seems good, low miles, HPI clear, main dealer history upto 2000, no history after
(although i have contacted the previous owner and have the mileage confirmed). Independently serviced after 2000 but no history.

Now the sticking point, the Interior, it is supposed to be a mushroom colour, it really does look old and faded, there are no cracks, the colour looks almost like a cream white. There are few scratches but nothing major. I understand that the car is old, the interior looks old and dirty.
generally the interior lets the car down.

It has kind of put me off the purchase, should I walk away or is this something that a nice Valet could resolve.

The main stickin points;
1) no history after 2000
2) the Leather interior and dash look old and dirty. the vinyl trim also is very dirty. The carpet and boot carpet also looks faded and dirty.

please advise forumites.. should walk or should I buy.

Thanks in advance

OP
E

Enam

Reaction score
:(

I did'nt go for it in the end...

Status
Not open for further replies.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom