help

dave brand

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 convertible
hello all, i need help but I don't think there is any , but hear goes , I have a mint condition clk 320 convertible 1999. right hand drive , I keep it at my holiday place in Portugal , just arrived this morning its never let me down I leave it for months at a time and no problems , well today nothing won't open must be a flat battery key fob ok as little light on when operated , took metal key out off fob , only half off it is there so can't get in using that , no spare . can I get a new metal key bit from merc using reg and log book . can locksmiths get me in to it ,

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
benz will supply, not cheap and likely be a while .someone on here will refer you to some independent guys who might be quicker,cheaper

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
rBVaGVZdFFOAMPK1AACYswCDjJY171.jpg When you say only half of the metal key is there, it is a very narrow key unlike most door keys.

Have you tried it before looking for a new key?

This is what a blank looks like before its cut

OP
D

dave brand

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 convertible
yes the key is like that one but the last 6mm looks like its been broken off at some point , I've Never taken the key bit out before ,
I've got an auto lock smith coming out tomorrow , then well order may key (metal) when back in the uk

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Silly question but have you tried the bit of the key you have in the locks? You may find the broken bit is in there already...

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
hello all, i need help but I don't think there is any , but hear goes , I have a mint condition clk 320 convertible 1999. right hand drive , I keep it at my holiday place in Portugal , just arrived this morning its never let me down I leave it for months at a time and no problems , well today nothing won't open must be a flat battery key fob ok as little light on when operated , took metal key out off fob , only half off it is there so can't get in using that , no spare . can I get a new metal key bit from merc using reg and log book . can locksmiths get me in to it ,
You can get in by putting a power source to the starter or alternator as shown in these videos. It does mean jacking up the car and removing the splash shield but it will be quicker and cheaper than waiting for a key!

OP
D

dave brand

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk 320 convertible
just a quick update , Ive now got into the car , all it took was a little know how and a coat hanger and 30 seconds hay presto I'm in , got it started but battery not taking power so , new battery tomorrow and see what happens next ,

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom