Help!

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
Hello there new to the site I have a 2012 c220 cdi love the car other than in second gear! No power through that gear for a good 5 seconds but fine in every other gear! I've changed the maf sensor and pressure converter sensor but now stuck! Any help or ideas guys?
Cheers

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I think we need more information its not making a lot of sense.

No power for five seconds then it goes fine in second , does the engine note rise ?
What about the other gears ?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
Every other gear is fine going from 1st to second the engine noise stays same it's slow until you got 2.5k revs then boosts as it should, had smoke test done to see if any leaks but nothing shows up? Honestly stuck for ideas
I think we need more information its not making a lot of sense.

No power for five seconds then it goes fine in second , does the engine note rise ?
What about the other gears ?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Can we rule out a problem with second gear ie the gearbox functions fine ?

Its just an engine problem.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
Can we rule out a problem with second gear ie the gearbox functions fine ?

Its just an engine problem.
Yeah the gearbox is fine no issues which leads me to believe it's a engine issue

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
You have had a smoke test done so no splits in pipes to turbo, intercooler inlet manifold etc
A blocked catalytic converter could be an issue, look for soot around joints we are getting to the stage of getting some one with the mystical star to look at it if all the basics have been looked at.
Don't throw parts at it.

What part of the country are you in ?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
You have had a smoke test done so no splits in pipes to turbo, intercooler inlet manifold etc
A blocked catalytic converter could be an issue, look for soot around joints we are getting to the stage of getting some one with the mystical star to look at it if all the basics have been looked at.
Don't throw parts at it.

What part of the country are you in ?
Doncaster mate and where does the cat sit where should I look for soot?

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It sits in the exhaust system follow it from the engine on it is easier on a ramp but sometimes on the exhaust connections you can sometimes see soot where excess pressure has led to leaks it is just something that happens on them,

look up your models cat on a parts site to see what it looks like.

There are a few things after that.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
It sits in the exhaust system follow it from the engine on it is easier on a ramp but sometimes on the exhaust connections you can sometimes see soot where excess pressure has led to leaks it is just something that happens on them,

look up your models cat on a parts site to see what it looks like.

There are a few things after that.
What else can I have a look.at then cheers by the way

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
When your car finally starts to go is it quick ie does the turbo kick in can you hear it spool up ?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 cdi 2012
When your car finally starts to go is it quick ie does the turbo kick in can you hear it spool up ?
Yes when it kicks in it moves! You can hear the turbo you can hear it sat idling if you press acelator

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
So could you actually have turbo lag ?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Star. Star. Star. Check dtcs before replacing parts.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom