Help!

iffy

Reaction score
Hi all, 2 weeks ago i brought a E 250 Diesel 1998 loverly car but unfortuatly at the weekend i got caught in the floods. The car drives but now runs very rough and produces white smoke and lacks power. I have drained as much fuel out of the tank ( there was a little left as i could not get it all out ) put new in with a dry fuel treatment, i have flushed the oil and replaced it with a new filter, and replaced the air filter and it still runs the same. If anyone has any idears please let me know as i am gutted. Aperently the car is an import if that helps.

Thanks, Ian.

BlackC55

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43
You may have a bent rod.

1st port of call is a compression test.

panason1c

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes ML270CDI, VW Polo 1.9tdi, BMW K1200RS
Hi all, 2 weeks ago i brought a E 250 Diesel 1998 loverly car but unfortuatly at the weekend i got caught in the floods. The car drives but now runs very rough and produces white smoke and lacks power. I have drained as much fuel out of the tank ( there was a little left as i could not get it all out ) put new in with a dry fuel treatment, i have flushed the oil and replaced it with a new filter, and replaced the air filter and it still runs the same. If anyone has any idears please let me know as i am gutted. Aperently the car is an import if that helps.

Thanks, Ian.

If water entered the combustion chamber via the air intake (as is very likely when you drove through the floodwater) then a bent con-rod(s) is the usual outcome due to the water not being compressable..............Rectification will probably entail a complete engine stripdown and rebuild. :(

If you have fully comprehesive insurance it would be worth checking with them to see if the damage is covered due to floods?

Last edited:
OP
I

iffy

Reaction score
Thanks for you help

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom