Hey guys

AngryDog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E55 AMG
Hey guys, new to the forum. I am on some of the other ones so some of you may recognise me.

I bought a W211 E55 a month ago to replace my ageing BMW E39 M5. I haven't looked back since buying the E55, though there are a few things I do miss from the M5, but these are minor.

Hoping to have my car for a few years and then look to change, possibly into a W212 E63 BiTurbo.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Hi AngryDog, welcome to the forum. At last, a proper car !! :D

OP
A

AngryDog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E55 AMG
Cheers!

Hahaha, the E39 was a proper car tbh, a better drivers car and a better looking car, but the E55 is so much faster and for wafting around it is much better as well. It is weird though as everytime I drive it, it feels like a big car, where as the M5 felt a lot smaller.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Cheers!

Hahaha, the E39 was a proper car tbh, a better drivers car and a better looking car, but the E55 is so much faster and for wafting around it is much better as well. It is weird though as everytime I drive it, it feels like a big car, where as the M5 felt a lot smaller.
Yup, that's what you do in a Merc, just waft. A Merc has a better image IMO. :rolleyes:

OP
A

AngryDog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E55 AMG
I think image is debatable. I don't care for such things.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Welcome, if we're still in touch in a couple of years maybe my 212 would suit you...E55 is a great car by the way ...

OP
A

AngryDog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211 E55 AMG
Welcome, if we're still in touch in a couple of years maybe my 212 would suit you...E55 is a great car by the way ...

Thanks John. If its in my price range when I am in a position to buy then I am sure it may be :).

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)
Hi AngryDog and welcome to the forum. I changed from BMW 7 years ago and have never regretted it.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom