Hi, I’m HJC a Merc lover & on my third one. It’s a C320 cdi. After

My Merc makes a chur chur chur noise when I accelerate after a long drive.

• What’s causing this?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Any suggestions?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HJC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI 2007
Does anyone have a suggestion about the churring noise I get on a long drive? It ceases when I lift foot off the accelerator.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Can you post a small video of the sound? Can’t think what the sound is

OP
H

HJC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI 2007
Can you post a small video of the sound? Can’t think what the sound is

I can't unless I drive eighty plus miles! It only happens on a long run and I live in Dorset, without motorways, where driving 80 miles on fast roads is impossible. I can't seem to get the noise on everyday runs so the garage can't hear it to diagnose the cause. Next time I'm going on a long drive I will record it.

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
At what tread depth are your tyres and are they evenly worn ? I think I may have had that sort of noise when the tyres are getting low. It sometimes sounds like grumbling wheel bearings. I might be completely on the wrong track without actually hearing the noise though.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

Reactions: M80
OP
H

HJC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI 2007
Thank you for that suggestion. I will get them checked tomorrow but surely if it was tyres the noise would continue whether or not I was accelerating? Thanks for the welcome.

OP
H

HJC

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320CDI 2007
Thank you for that suggestion. I will get them checked tomorrow but surely if it was tyres the noise would continue whether or not I was accelerating? Thanks for the welcome.
PS the noise seems to come from the automatic gear box/passenger footwell area.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom