Hi, I'm back, just bought a W211

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Are you sure you have a 7G box? Being a pre facelift with SBC I'd have thought you have the bulletproof 722.6 5 speed box,

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
If there is an atf dipstick in the engine bay , then its the 5 speed

OP
M

matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 320 cdi Sport 7 seat estate
Yes, definitely 7 speeds, I've just taken it out. From a standing start if you floor it the changes are a bit thumpy, not really bad but definitely change with a little thump. The gearbox doesn't hold on to gears however, and is quite smooth when your just driving gently. It always seems to be in the rght gear, and kicks down nicely. It is going to be serviced soon, maybe that will help it, looks like its on its original 138,000 old oil, that's freaking me out!! Unless it's had gearbox repairs in the past I don't know about.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, definitely 7 speeds, I've just taken it out. From a standing start if you floor it the changes are a bit thumpy, not really bad but definitely change with a little thump. The gearbox doesn't hold on to gears however, and is quite smooth when your just driving gently. It always seems to be in the rght gear, and kicks down nicely. It is going to be serviced soon, maybe that will help it, looks like its on its original 138,000 old oil, that's freaking me out!! Unless it's had gearbox repairs in the past I don't know about.
Do you mean it looks like its not been changed because of the service history ?

OP
M

matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Do you mean it looks like its not been changed because of the service history ?
It started life being serviced by non franchised garages, and the last five were at Mercedes. I can't see any evidence on the main dealer invoices for a gearbox service. It's had three previous owners and the paperwork only supports the currant owners servicing and although I have no reason to believe the service stamps aren't legitimate it seems likely it's never been changed. So unless it's had gearbox work the fluid is probably original, which is scary at 138,000!

OP
M

matthew k

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It started life being serviced by non franchised garages, and the last five were at Mercedes. I can't see any evidence on the main dealer invoices for a gearbox service. It's had three previous owners and the paperwork only supports the currant owners servicing and although I have no reason to believe the service stamps aren't legitimate it seems likely it's never been changed. So unless it's had gearbox work the fluid is probably original, which is scary at 138,000!
Or is it unlikely the conductor plate would have survived this long? I performed the reset procedure last night, seems to have worked, much smoother, or is it nonsense and I'm a victim of placebo?

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Or is it unlikely the conductor plate would have survived this long? I performed the reset procedure last night, seems to have worked, much smoother, or is it nonsense and I'm a victim of placebo?
I reckon you would notice , well done .

Bailey.MBO

MBO Forum Staff
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK
Welcome to the MBO Forum,

Did you know, you can save money on your car Insurance, RAC, part finding service and many other offers when you fully joining the MBO. You also get access to the monthly award winning, Mercedes Owner magazine.

If you call the office on 01892 710570 and use promo code: EXP18 you get a further discount:

Blue membership (MBO) normally £30 now £22.50

Silver membership (MBO normally £55 now £50.00

For full details: http://mercedesclub.org.uk/join-us/

Enjoy and happy motoring.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom