Hi, I'm new and need HELP!!

E300Marty

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E300 1994 3000cc Estate Diesel
Hi,

I have just signed up to this because I have recently occurred a problem with my 1994 Mercedes E300 Diesel Estate.

My problem...
My car is a 4 gear auto with the option to select 2nd gear and 3rd gear. Randomly one day the car cut out and lost all power. All the dashboard lights came on (this was whilst driving) I put the car in Park and tried to start my car and it was taking a good while to start up! Sometimes 5minutes. This had been going on for a week maybe more, continually cutting out. But what I found was that it seemed to drive longer distances if I stayed in 2nd or 3rd gear at 3500-4000rpm but even then it would cut out. I would pump the accelerator and sometimes the revs would go up again and I can carry on my journey or sometimes I would drop it from 3rd to 2nd and pump the accelerator and the revs would go up but it would **** blue smoke out the back! Then one day I was set to go to work, tried to start my car and it just kept turning. The car wouldn't fire up?

Iv tried the following...
Spayed easy start into the intake.
Checked pipes for leaks.
I took off what I think is the mechanical pump but my friend thinks it's the lift pump? It is L shaped and I have googled lift pump it came up with 2 cylinder looking pumps? I have attached a picture but I don't know if it will upload.
Taken off the the filter and tried to start the car and no fuel was getting to the filter.

If there's any suggestions give me a shout!

Cheers,
Marty

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom