How did he twist the disk when the car was in a ramp .. or is it a keyless go issue.

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I watched a video of this guy removing a disc. After removing the wheel he grabbed the disc and twisted it to access the pads.

Of course mine wont. As the steering lock is on.
To turn mine I would have to start the car. Well put it in position 2 and with KLG it starts :(
Also I would have to press the brake to start the car , and the pistons would come out. :(

Is there a way to disengage the steering wheel lock with the engine off, without pressingnthe brake.

How did he do it?

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
I watched a video of this guy removing a disc. After removing the wheel he grabbed the disc and twisted it to access the pads.

Of course mine wont. As the steering lock is on.
To turn mine I would have to start the car. Well put it in position 2 and with KLG it starts :(
Also I would have to press the brake to start the car , and the pistons would come out. :(

Is there a way to disengage the steering wheel lock with the engine off, without pressingnthe brake.

How did he do it?

Post the video?

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
You mean the pistons would move?
They won't come out, even with the brake pads (that you're trying to remove) removed.

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I am confused, assuming the car is off, he just turns the disc as if the wheel was turned.
Having just removed the wheel, that was straight, surely the steering lock would be on?, and the car is in the air!
With my keyless go the only way to do that would be to start the car , raise the ramp and then start work.
I am not keen starting the car on a pair of trolley jacks :-0

Or am I being thick and missing some other routine.
On my car if the wheels are strainght and the car is off, then the steering wheel lock is automatically applied

Last edited:

BillyBoy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W213 E400d All Terrain
On a keyless go car you can either press the start button WITHOUT your foot on the brake peddle to go to position 2 and release the steering lock, or alternatively remove the start button and just insert the key and turn to position 2.

Cheers,
Bill

OP
Submariner1

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
On a keyless go car you can either press the start button WITHOUT your foot on the brake peddle to go to position 2 and release the steering lock, or alternatively remove the start button and just insert the key and turn to position 2.

Cheers,
Bill
Thanks I realise you can get to position 1 and 2 without your foot on the brake by the KLG start button.But it does not release the automatic steering lock. That only releases when you start the engine.
Maybe mine is faulty or one of the minor changes introduced in Aug 2008, stuff like a single battery.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom