How do I get to the speedometer screen on Command?

Alex Randal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
AMG GT 2016 4.0l v8 turbo
Can someone please tell me how do I get this screen on the command.

Picture of the screen uploaded. I got the AMG GT, but I've seen it on AMG GTR. Is that screen only for the GTR, or am I just being a dumbass?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2018-Mercedes-AMG-GT-C-Edition-50-Roadster-infotainment-display-02.jpg
    2018-Mercedes-AMG-GT-C-Edition-50-Roadster-infotainment-display-02.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 61

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Welcome to the forum, Alex. I take it that you're using 'speedometer' as a generic term, as I'm not sure what that screen is measuring? I notice there's a temperature indicator on the left of the main one, though and I suspect the information will be configurable. If it is available on yours, you should be able to find it in the menu system. I don't think there will be too many AMG GT owners on here to help, though! Maybe a wee look through your COMAND handbook?

Ernie

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Is the middle one some sort of boost guage ?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I don't see a speedo in the screen. on the left I see an oil temp guage, on the right a coolant (water) temp guage, and in the middle its an 'amount of torque being used' guage, hence its calibrated in KW and NM.

as has already been said, the manual should tell you and its possible that it may be particular to a certain market, or indeed model specific to the GTR.

Please do post some photos up of the car as, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't another member here that has an AMG GT

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Please do post some photos up of the car as, to the best of my knowledge, there isn't another member here that has an AMG GT

I'd like to see some other photos too.
Am I correct in thinking this car isn't in the UK?
It's a Left hooker isn't it?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I'd like to see some other photos too.
Am I correct in thinking this car isn't in the UK?
It's a Left hooker isn't it?
did they make a RHD??? or is it like the old McLaren SLR where its LHD only?

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
I don't think the picture is the OP's car.

Mr Filipov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 BMW 535d Gran Turismo
OP said like in the picture, so not his. This is a gauge for the HP and Torque live usage. It is on some of the modern AMGs. If it’s not in the system part of COMAND where you get the big clock and fuel consumption, then you don’t have it.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Think this might have to be answered by someone with an AMG GT.... not too many on here if I’m correct(If any)
Unless the new 63s 4 matic has the same menu then we do know someone might know....

OP
A

Alex Randal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yeah, you're right sorry. It's not speed gauge I just meant those dials. That screen to be exact. I've looked in the manual, no luck. But I know that screen exists, but even the AMG GTR doesn't have that screen in the manual.

I've attached some images I just took.

The car is in the UK and it is RHD. It's just that AMG GT is one the absolute worst marketed car of all time. Surprising amount of people haven't heard of it. It's basically a cheaper SLS with a 4l engine instead of the 6.2. Far superior handling, interior and transmission. No gull-wing. Comes in GT/GTS... GTC/GTR(late 2017 only).

Attachments

• IMG_7861.JPG
    IMG_7861.JPG
    423.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_7862.JPG
    IMG_7862.JPG
    399.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7863.JPG
    IMG_7863.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7864.JPG
    IMG_7864.JPG
    332.1 KB · Views: 28

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
There is a member on here who had a GTS (AceJ) though he's not very active as he no longer has the car. I also know that he's currently on holiday but he probably wouldn't have messed too much with the dash settings anyway. I'll SMS him later as a matter of interest though. :)

I've had a look on mine, and all I can find is the setting below which is similar, though not exactly what yours is. I got to it by going into the main menu/vehicle/dynamic select/engine data: -

Engine Data.jpg

Mine just gives from L - R: Transmission Temp, Power, Torque & Oil temp. Possibly configurable but I've ran out of time this morning. :(

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Do new cars not have proper instrumentation anymore? If I'd bought a car costing £eleventeen thousand I want proper clocks ..... not virtual clocks.

I've a courtesy C3 on my path at the moment. Radio & heating is all on one touch screen ..... not what I'd choose

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Do new cars not have proper instrumentation anymore? If I'd bought a car costing £eleventeen thousand I want proper clocks ..... not virtual clocks.

I've a courtesy C3 on my path at the moment. Radio & heating is all on one touch screen ..... not what I'd choose
Mostly virtual nowadays!
Our Volvo VC90 is CG dials, must admit I’ve gotten used to them and actually like them now

OP
A

Alex Randal

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There is a member on here who had a GTS (AceJ) though he's not very active as he no longer has the car. I also know that he's currently on holiday but he probably wouldn't have messed too much with the dash settings anyway. I'll SMS him later as a matter of interest though. :)

I've had a look on mine, and all I can find is the setting below which is similar, though not exactly what yours is. I got to it by going into the main menu/vehicle/dynamic select/engine data: -

View attachment 39976

Mine just gives from L - R: Transmission Temp, Power, Torque & Oil temp. Possibly configurable but I've ran out of time this morning. :(

You sir are a legend. Thank you very much. I'll go check it out on lunch time.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom