How to use a bluetooth phone without pre wire

Reaction score
I am about to get a new CLS but it comes without command and prewire and I wondered what my options were for the mobile. The non Comand dash seems to have a telphone pad but I assume this is not in use. I don't want to start screwing in cradles to the dashboard.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
You could also go down the 'no holes' bracket route check out dashmount.co.uk they also supply leather consols to mount a phone cradle, which are colour matched.

moosehead

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C230/2005/2.5L Avantgarde SE Sport Pack Estate, SLK230/1999 and Volvo XC60/2017 AWD
Have just installed the Parrot CK3100 in my 2005 C Class. Works superbly - mutes radio, plays back through speakers, downloads phone book, voice recognition, supports 5 handsets, etc. Used the Dashmount bracket to mount the Parrot display as there is no need to have a cradle with Bluetooth phones (display is used to make calls). I think you can now buy the CK3100 for under £100. Don't bother with the entry level system without the display.

Schtum

Reaction score
I have just installed one of these.

http://www.sony.co.uk/view/ShowProd...n_GB&pageType=Overview&category=ICA+CD+Tuners

Cracking unit, handles my calls with ease & zero hassle or wires. Also with the streaming ability it is like having a CD-changer without the hassle of CD's. :grin:

£250 and it's a swap out for Audio 10.

I have lost the steering wheel volume controls for now, but I'm told a patch lead 'should' be on the market in the new year... WTS.

Sounds far better than Audio 10 IMO.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
shashing gizmo - just a shame you can't install them in the modern mercs as they're all double din and shaped to fit.
The best solution to the original question is either the Parrott described above or, if you are a dedicated nokia fan, the mount as above with a Nokia CK7W and a cradle. Just put one in the E220 - looks and works very well, but if you swap phone makes, the Parrott is probably a better bet.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom