image.jpg

This could be a slow process!

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
355 miles today, now settled for the night in the Lake District. Car returned 28.8mpg on the computer, but when checked at the pump on a click to click fill, it had actually done 29.45mpg, which I thought was pretty good.

Quick question, is the top speed limiter 155 or 180mph?

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Depends on your car - most likely 155 unless you have a Performance Pack option (or limit has been lifted during remap), in which case circa 186.

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
On the private test track it was still pulling (like the proverbial train, I might add) at an indicated 170mph. I'm ashamed to admit that my limit was reached before the car's and I backed off.

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
On the private test track it was still pulling (like the proverbial train, I might add) at an indicated 170mph. I'm ashamed to admit that my limit was reached before the car's and I backed off.

Is this in the C63 UB?

Mine has the Performance Pack, and it's like an elastic band... It just doesn't stop! :D

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Is this in the C63 UB?

Mine has the Performance Pack, and it's like an elastic band... It just doesn't stop! :D

Indeed. I've owned more than my fair share of fast cars, but usually when you get over 120 the rate of acceleration starts to slow. You start watching the needle, and when it gets up to 140 ish you start willing it up the dial. Not a bit of it with this beast! The needle didn't slow its climb one little bit. For a tiny moment I suddenly thought I was looking at the rev counter by mistake!

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Indeed. I've owned more than my fair share of fast cars, but usually when you get over 120 the rate of acceleration starts to slow. You start watching the needle, and when it gets up to 140 ish you start willing it up the dial. Not a bit of it with this beast! The needle didn't slow its climb one little bit. For a tiny moment I suddenly thought I was looking at the rev counter by mistake!

Yup... Sounds right! :)

daibevan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200 Kompressor Elegance SE 2006 Tanzanite Blue with cream interior
Phew! For a minute I thought you were wanting to do over 155 on Lake District roads.:D:D

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
We're in Inverness now! 298 miles covered. Took the scenic route for the most part, but the last 50 or so were main road with lots of average speed cameras so had to be careful - helped with the fuel economy though. Just filled up at the Shell station. The trip computer showed 31.0mpg, but another click to click fill and quick calculate on the iPhone revealed an actual of 33.14mpg. Flipping brilliant! Seems like it might be nearly run in!

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
Oh my God! I'm fuming now!! Crossed from Armadale to Malaig this evening on the ferry. It was a trifle rough, and we were parked near the front. Car was absolutely drenched with sea water coming over the bow. Now searching for a filling station with a jet wash. I feel hysteria coming on.........

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
Your hotel may be kind enough to offer a hosepipe which may be better than nothing if your still stuck

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Careful on them roads up there(old stamping ground) plod lurks everywhere

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
In the whole thread I see no evidence of any disease at all, everything is just a natural progression in the adult male.

So says Dr Jimbo, lol. :D:D:D:D

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I love the A830 from Mallaig to Fort William road or vice versa, a great road with a bit of everything in it, definitely put a big smile on my face the last time I drove it.

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
I love the A830 from Mallaig to Fort William road or vice versa, a great road with a bit of everything in it, definitely put a big smile on my face the last time I drove it.

That was great, likewise Rannock moor which we've done before. Now in Inverary at the George Hotel. I stayed here once before, eighteen years ago. It hasn't changed one bit!

The advice last night re hosepipe at our guest house was a brilliant suggestion!!

I can also massively recommend the Seaview guest house, Mallaig. Nothing too much trouble, and the whole place was so spectacularly fresh, clean and comfortable. Unbelievable value for money too.

Incidentally I won't be recommending the Culag hotel in lochinver. More like Gulag hotel if you ask me. If you are looking for an authentic ww2 Colditz castle experience it's perfect. We tunnelled under the razor wire before breakfast and made a run for it. Sadly we had paid in advance. I would describe my night spent there as "itchy"

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That was great, likewise Rannock moor which we've done before. Now in Inverary at the George Hotel. I stayed here once before, eighteen years ago. It hasn't changed one bit!

The advice last night re hosepipe at our guest house was a brilliant suggestion!!

I can also massively recommend the Seaview guest house, Mallaig. Nothing too much trouble, and the whole place was so spectacularly fresh, clean and comfortable. Unbelievable value for money too.

Incidentally I won't be recommending the Culag hotel in lochinver. More like Gulag hotel if you ask me. If you are looking for an authentic ww2 Colditz castle experience it's perfect. We tunnelled under the razor wire before breakfast and made a run for it. Sadly we had paid in advance. I would describe my night spent there as "itchy"
There’s not much choice in Lochinver unfortunately ...

OP
Uncle Benz

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
There’s not much choice in Lochinver unfortunately ...

Indeed. Luckily the dining experience at Peet's a couple of doors down made up for the hotel's shabbiness.

Superb food!

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom