iCarsoft MB V2 to deactivate SBC brakes.

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R230 SL 500 2003 M113 5.0l
Has anyone used a iCarsoft MB v2 to deactivate the SBC brakes. I bought one from the UK agent specifically to do this while I fitted new discs pads and repainted the calipers etc. However it's telling me that it has failed to deactivate the SBC on my car. However, after a mess around with it, it seems that it does depressurise the system and disables the pump from reacting to door opening or unlocking. As soon as the brake is pressed or the ignition is switched on the pump runs again and the red warnings go out. The technical back up from UK Parts Direct was poor to say the least. The guy had no idea what SBC was.
This is the message on the screen.

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
I haven't used that software.

I use Delphi to deactivate mine. Works a treat.

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
There is no need to deactivate SBC before working on it.
Just lock the car and keep the keys well away inside the house.
With all due resoect. This is Incorrect.

The brake system is still under 1000's of psi.

You'll either break it or cause yourself serious injury.

steveq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2011 Merc S212 E220CDI Estate; Tesla Model 3; 1965 W113 Merc 230SL Pagoda
The SBC will deactivate after a period of time as AMGeed said.
You would need to already have the car jacked up and on axle stands, bonnet up, and whatever else is required before leaving it to deactivate.
Provided you are absolutely sure that the doors won't be opened or the key inserted into the ignition, it is possible to work on the brakes after the deactivation time -- I left mine for an hour or so to be sure but I understand it deactivates in much less time.

There are, of course other ways to deactivate SBC and some may be better or worse. This method won't work for a busy garage and has a risk -- somebody might forget and open a door.

Last edited:

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
With all due resoect. This is Incorrect.

The brake system is still under 1000's of psi.

You'll either break it or cause yourself serious injury.

I guess my indy is wrong then.
That is how he did it and it was perfectly safe.

I would add the car was up on a ramp and nobody could open a door, turn on the ignition, or do anything to cause the SBC pump to operate.

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
That just resets your brake counter when you've reached 300,000 brake pedal presses.
True, but it alleges other functions which frankly I can’t fathom what they are trying to claim in their ‘Chinglish’- They’ve copied and pasted blurb from Mercedes service manuals regarding SBC deactivation ...very dodgy:mad:

RUBBER_UNDIES

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2003 w211 E270 177 BHP
True, but it alleges other functions which frankly I can’t fathom what they are trying to claim in their ‘Chinglish’- They’ve copied and pasted blurb from Mercedes service manuals regarding SBC deactivation ...very dodgy:mad:
I wouldn't trust it......

OP
noonboots

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I can say for certain that the i carsoft MB2 didn't deactivate the system on my car completely. After some messing I found that it did de pressurise it but as soon as the door was opened the pump operated again. I went ahead and changed all four discs and pads taking more than normal precautions.
I might also add that anyone considering buying MB2 from UKPARTS Direct on e bay that their technical advice line is worse than useless. Matt the man I need to speak to was apparently on another call for at least 3 days and doesn't do call backs. These people are supposed to be the approved agents.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I did have a couple of queries before and after purchasing my MB2 from UK Parts and my personal experience was fine. That said I used Messenger to communicate and got answers very quickly.
Sadly I’ve heard much worse experiences when folks have used other retailers- some of whom are selling clones

joderest

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML270 2003
Have to agree about poor service, bought my MB2 from them less than a year ago, it will not show data from air conditioning, will not enter ESP or BAS or ABS systems, states communication error. I am not an expert, so might be my useage, but i did download the latest software, still the same.
sent them an e mail, not a single reply, so sent again, again no reply

OP
noonboots

noonboots

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Have to agree about poor service, bought my MB2 from them less than a year ago, it will not show data from air conditioning, will not enter ESP or BAS or ABS systems, states communication error. I am not an expert, so might be my useage, but i did download the latest software, still the same.

Looks like its time to contact iCarsoft directly by e mail. I didn't bother with the SBC problem because I needed to get on with the job but any more problems with other things and that's what I'll do.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Looks like its time to contact iCarsoft directly by e mail. I didn't bother with the SBC problem because I needed to get on with the job but any more problems with other things and that's what I'll do.
They are on messenger too/FB

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .
take the earth off both batteries to be 100 % safe .

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
There is no need to deactivate SBC before working on it.
Just lock the car and keep the keys well away inside the house.

This was how I did mine when I had my E55 a few years ago. Changed pads a couple of times this way.

onefortheroad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Me -2019 GLC 350 coupe AMG line. Mrs- ford kuga 65 plate awd powershift .

thats a weird one , all those functions work for me on my 08 w219 ...

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
I can say for certain that the i carsoft MB2 didn't deactivate the system on my car completely. After some messing I found that it did de pressurise it but as soon as the door was opened the pump operated again. I went ahead and changed all four discs and pads taking more than normal precautions.
I might also add that anyone considering buying MB2 from UKPARTS Direct on e bay that their technical advice line is worse than useless. Matt the man I need to speak to was apparently on another call for at least 3 days and doesn't do call backs. These people are supposed to be the approved agents.

When you say your MB2.
Do you mean the iCarsoft MB II
Or the new 2018 MBV2?

Top Bottom