I'd like to try again here...

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Mine would be more than double that

Likewise on my R320. I asked at the dealers recently .... just for a laugh! £630-odd!!!!!!! I could buy & run a car for that

(My last banger was bought for £400 as a none runner - put back on the road & run for 3 yrs & then sold for £700)

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Executive SE Coupé ('13)
  • Banned
Clearly you aren't happy with Bristol but at least all the service advisors are time served technicians!

Simon

Is that an advantage? Don't you wonder what it was about being a technician that meant that they didn't want to any more? Don't you wonder why they prefer to be SAs rather than continuing working on cars?

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
Actually I think that's a huge advantage, as long as they have the right customer service skills as well. When there is a difficult issue that the dealership is struggling to resolve it's so much better to talk to someone that understands the work that is going on rather than going to have to ask someone and then I have to hear it all third hand.

That's not a dig at you at all, I'm sure you are very competent, I'm just saying that the usual route seems to be that technicians that show the potential to be good with customers often progress to this role (before they go off to start their own independent business! :wink:)

Simon

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Executive SE Coupé ('13)
  • Banned
Actually I think that's a huge advantage, as long as they have the right customer service skills as well. When there is a difficult issue that the dealership is struggling to resolve it's so much better to talk to someone that understands the work that is going on rather than going to have to ask someone and then I have to hear it all third hand.

That's not a dig at you at all, I'm sure you are very competent, I'm just saying that the usual route seems to be that technicians that show the potential to be good with customers often progress to this role (before they go off to start their own independent business! :wink:)

Simon

I agree that it can be a route into it. My Service Manager was a technician in a previous life, so it's certainly a valid route. I'd always make sure I had an understanding of a complicated issue, and if I wasn't confident I'd let him speak to a technician too.

But I'd rather have a competent technician -- particularly a diag tech -- in the workshop, than doing cr*p like invoicing, creating job packs, prospecting work, answering daft questions... ;)

Triv

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A brace of s210 1998 e300 turborustbuckets. Toyota HiLux Surf kzn185 3.0L
Clearly you aren't happy with Bristol but at least all the service advisors are time served technicians!

Simon

From my point of view that's not quite correct. Bristol haven't done anything to upset me, other than change one parts price upwards. From a phone quote to when I arrived at the parts desk, it had gone up by nearly 20%. I put that down to different staff at different times.
I get on well with the head of the parts department. The service department I've never had dealings with as I just cannot afford their prices. At all. Ever.

I am now wondering why, if all the service advisors are time served technicians, one of them needed to ask one of his colleagues how many spark plugs were in an a class.
That's even more worrying!

http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=113811

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2013 C250 CDI AMG Sport Plus; 2011 C220 CDI Blueefficiency 125 Edition - SOLD; R230 SL500 - SOLD
Surely if you've never dealt with the service department, the numpty who didn't know about the plugs was on the parts team rather than service?

As far as I know at Bristol, the service advisors don't deal with parts sales?

Simon

Triv

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A brace of s210 1998 e300 turborustbuckets. Toyota HiLux Surf kzn185 3.0L
Surely if you've never dealt with the service department, the numpty who didn't know about the plugs was on the parts team rather than service?

Nope.

Daeths

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T212 facelift, 2013. A few toys including pan roof, 19" rims, Harmon Kardon, nappa, privacy glass.
Question for the OP. why do Mercedes provide a 30 year perforation warranty and when a good few years back my trusty 210 needed the 2x rear arches, 3 door top and replacement tailgate, only provide a 12 month warranty on their own work?

Particularly frustrating when the rusty arches came back after 14 months. Appreciate that this is a MB corporate issue as opposed the dealer, but it doesn't help the brand image.

To a previous poster commenting on the Dartford dealership, I had horrendous experiences with them including damage to the car whilst in their possession and on another occasion when they had my car for a week it was returned with 420 miles on the clock and an empty tank (it was a routine service, but I couldn't pick the car up immediately). However, I have recently ordered a new e class and they have a new team, I met the service guy as I expressed my concerns from 5 years ago and feel a lot more confident. I will keep you posted.

Warrior

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320 CDI 03 (Now changed for Jag XF 3.0D S), & Chrysler Crossfire Roadster 04 (SLK in Drag)
when they had my car for a week it was returned with 420 miles on the clock and an empty tank (it was a routine service, but I couldn't pick the car up immediately)

What was their explanation for this? I wouldnt have left the premises until i'd bottomed that one out!! f nothing else they would have had the cost of the fuel deducted from their invoice, in fact i'd have probably gone for a 50p per mile reduction on the invoice.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I see Ciaran is up to his old tricks yet again? In 30 years of forums I have never had a post deleted until here. What other agenda am I supposed to be following? Surely the other mods can have a quiet word with him about his over-zealous moderating?

Quite frankly, its getting a bit ridiculous now.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
I see Ciaran is up to his old tricks yet again? In 30 years of forums I have never had a post deleted until here. What other agenda am I supposed to be following? Surely the other mods can have a quiet word with him about his over-zealous moderating?

Totally off topic, but your post was removed as it quoted another post that was deleted. your post would have made no sense had we just removed the offending quote, so it was tidier to just remove the post.

Not quite as ridiculous now, I hope.

Smacsor

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Miffy....it's not unusual for my posts to make no sense at all!

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver

Mine was edited. A pm wouldn't have gone amiss but I can see why it was done.

I can't see who edited it, so I'm not finger wagging at Ciaran per se.

Last edited:

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Mine was edited. A pm wouldn't have gone amiss but I can see why it was done.

I can't see who edited it, so I'm not finger wagging at Ciaran per se.

Again, Off Topic, but the post if edited will always show who did it. if you want to PM me the post I will take a look. might have been me

look below, edited by miffy.

Dont bother, I found it, the edit was more than correct, and if you look at your post you will see the editor (me) the time, and the reason.

Last edited by Miffy; Yesterday at 12:43 PM. Reason: cleaned up

Last edited:

toby1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1998 CL420 C140; 1997 SL500 R129
Full Bhuna! Cheers made me chuckle :)

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom