Identify the part

starrzo

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w204 - C220 CDI
Hey, this is probably an easy question for someone, but what is the part in the image attached. I just grabbed this image from Google, but my car has a similar part on the exhaust pipe running underneath. It's the 'thatched' part around the pipe I am interested in?

Thanks!

Attachments

• mercedes-benz-cla250-armytrix-exhaust-05.jpg
    mercedes-benz-cla250-armytrix-exhaust-05.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 31

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
xactly!!!!!

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Just look on ebay if you jusy want to patch it up .You just need the outside diameter of your pipe . Or check mercedes dealers for the right part to fit your car .

blackvito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
vito 108cdi
hi, not sure where to post this, but I also would like a part identified from photo..found sitting on suspension..no idea where it goes, but suspect it is the reason why my vito, 108cdi 2001 model, has suddenly gone into limp mode. photo shows both ends..mechanic recently replaced sway arm bushes., don't know if this is related, but would like to.. any help appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2144.JPG
    IMG_2144.JPG
    410.7 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2146.JPG
    IMG_2146.JPG
    421.9 KB · Views: 20

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
hi, not sure where to post this, but I also would like a part identified from photo..found sitting on suspension..no idea where it goes, but suspect it is the reason why my vito, 108cdi 2001 model, has suddenly gone into limp mode. photo shows both ends..mechanic recently replaced sway arm bushes., don't know if this is related, but would like to.. any help appreciated.
Looks like a homemade catch can , which is to attempt to catch the oil/water mix that comes from the engine pcv valve into the turbo inlet pipe , and therefore from gumming up the egr and manifolds .

blackvito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
vito 108cdi
Hey Wighty, yeh don't know..something to do with turbo and vacuum..definitely not homemade, as has a part number which if my eyes were better could go long way to solving identification. Hopefully someone will recognise it, before I need to drive again.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey Wighty, yeh don't know..something to do with turbo and vacuum..definitely not homemade, as has a part number which if my eyes were better could go long way to solving identification. Hopefully someone will recognise it, before I need to drive again.
put the part number on eBay/Google to identify it

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It's not an MB part , because it starts with the lettering USA RAT (can't read the numbers after it ) ...you need to clean the numbers then it can be read and googled

blackvito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
vito 108cdi
put the part number on eBay/Google to identify it

Hey Wighty followed your advice. Depending on where you live, the part is either called an Electromagnetic Solenoid or Turbo Boost Pressure Converter Valve..Either way it is one and the same. Manufactured for Mercedes use. Problem now is where does it live, and then obviously what should be connected to it.

blackvito

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
vito 108cdi
Hey, problem solved. Actually lives on the firewall on a spade connector, next to air allergy filter. For some reason vacuum hose and electrical wire had been re routed and unit mounted under van until recently falling out onto suspension and disconnecting, hence the loss of turbo. Probably lucky it didn't fall out onto the road..would have had to buy another one.
Put van up on mechanics hoist and reconnected today temporarily until have time to put it back to original (could be never). Test drive was great..so good to go up hills in top gear without power loss.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom