1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Inlet manifold C270

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, Fuel and Exhaust' started by Neil C1, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Neil C1

Neil C1 Active Member

Your Mercedes:
    W203. 2004. C270
    well got the manifold off. Tried to test the motor using a car battery on the wire (don’t know if that’s the correct way) moved a little maybe 5 mm then stopped. So assuming this it’s the motor that’s at fault. The flaps don’t look too bad and not that loose or wobbly.
    Do I
    1, get a new motor put it all back together and hope it wasn’t thebflaps
    2, do the manifold mod and remove the flaps and do the resistor modification
    3, put the motor back on leaving the flaps open and just do the resistor modification

Has anyone any recommendations

2. Cole@MBS

Cole@MBS Forum Supporter Authorised Forum Supporter

Your Mercedes:
    124 300 CE 24 Coupe, 209 240 CLK
    Remove the flaps and do the mod on the motor, never have to come off again then!!

Neil C1 and Wighty like this.
  3. gizze

gizze Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 cgi Estate & Range Rover TDV8
    What position are the flaps in if you simply remove the motor?

I put on a modded manifold when I had an ML270 a few years back, pig of a job.

Afterwards I did think, if I had just removed the motor I am sure it would have been fine. Was I right?

I have another 270cdi at the moment, it is all working perfectly, EGR looks really clean etc.
    But I am wondering, if I simply took the motor off, or unplugged it and put a resistor on, would that be enough?

4. oigle

oigle Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Currently 2003 ML270. 2012 Nissan Maxima 250SL.
    You would have to be sure flaps were held open but, yes, once the motor has been unplugged, they don't have to move. Of course you will still get a clogged up EGR and inlet manifold over time.

Ian.

gizze likes this.
  5. Wighty

Wighty Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
    I understand it that the time to put the resistor mod in is while the motor and flaps are working, this keeps them in the open position . At least that's what I did on my E320cdi a couple of weeks ago . I must admit I am half thinking of getting the egr deleted at some point to stop the manifolds getting further blocked .

gizze likes this.
  6. gizze

gizze Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    E350 cgi Estate & Range Rover TDV8
    Yeah, I must do this while it is all working fine, as I don't want to have to take the manifold off again on this car.

Wighty likes this.
  7. oigle

oigle Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    Currently 2003 ML270. 2012 Nissan Maxima 250SL.
    Provided the flaps are in one piece, is doesn't matter if the motor works or not as it is disconnected anyway when using the resistor on the harness going to the motor. Just lock the flaps in open position.

gizze and Wighty like this.