Installing Comand unit to W203

damonanthony

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking to install a comand unit into my 2002 C200K. I know the Euro model works 100% here in Australia. I imagine the TV tuner from Europe would fit and work 100% too then but I'm not 100% sure. Also I wish to add DVD too. My main concern is can I affordibly buy the MB DVD unit for the command, If so, can It be used for rear screens too? If I find one from Europe will the regional codes work? Can I use an aftermarket DVD player, for example Alpine? Will this work and will they all talk to eachother?
Thanks and I hope to hear back

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I believe that the Command from 05 plays DVD's
Re the tuner you use PAL B/G in your country, what line rate 625 0r 525

Malcolm

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
damonanthony said:
Hi I'm looking to install a comand unit into my 2002 C200K. I know the Euro model works 100% here in Australia. I imagine the TV tuner from Europe would fit and work 100% too then but I'm not 100% sure. Also I wish to add DVD too. My main concern is can I affordibly buy the MB DVD unit for the command, If so, can It be used for rear screens too? If I find one from Europe will the regional codes work? Can I use an aftermarket DVD player, for example Alpine? Will this work and will they all talk to eachother?
Thanks and I hope to hear back

The only OEM COMAND unit suitable for your car is the A203 unit. The DVD versions will only work in post 04/2004 production cars.

OP
D

damonanthony

Reaction score
television said:

Malcolm
I don't actually know what line rate, actually I'm not too sure what a line rate is! I assumed the Euro T.V. would work here in Australia, now I'm not sure. How good Is the T.V. picture anyway? The BMW's over here have ordinary reception. If the M.B's are the same, I might not worry about it.

OP
D

damonanthony

Reaction score
Alfie said:
The only OEM COMAND unit suitable for your car is the A203 unit. The DVD versions will only work in post 04/2004 production cars.
Do you know if aftermarket DVD players, such as Alpine will work? My goal is to also have 2 rear moniters for the kids, all running together.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
television said:

Malcolm

The W203 (C class) and W209 (CLK) COMAND units will not Play DVD's. Even though there is a 'video' button they will not and indeed cannot play DVD's. this applies to the pre and post facelifted cars right up to current date.

The pre facelifted cars which had comand 2 were available with the TV option. If they have this option fitted, then it is possible to add a DVD player to the comand otherwise its a multimedia adpater from www.dietz.de

It may be possible to add a separate DVD player somewhere else in the car which drives a pair of rear screens.

OP
D

damonanthony

Reaction score
Mine is an 02 model, so pre update. I'm happy to use an aftermarket DVD and rear screens but I feel it would defeat the purpose of the install If only rear screens were showing the DVD. To be honest I'm more interested in DVD than the TV, and sat nav would just really be a bonus.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom