INSTRUMENT CLUSTER RECALL 220 and 215 series

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello Susan, and welcome. is your car a 203,, that would be from about 2000-01 on.

There is no recall on these clusters,,what has happened to yours

flying haggis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
63 plate CLS shooting brake,2.2D SWMBO has 14 plate B class diesel
HI, I'm new to this but wonder if anyone can help - the instrument cluster on my Mercedes C180 has failed and the dealer wants alomst £900 to fix it! I understand Mercedes may have this as a recognised fault/recall but am getting no where trying to claim. Does anyone have an info here in the UK on this?
Thank you

hi susan
dont know where in the country you are but if it helps there is a firm called cluster repairs that have a branch in norfolk and one in london. i am taking my E class to them on mon to have the clock and temp gauge done, i will post back on here on how it goes, they have quoted £150 for the replacement of both with a 5 year warranty

http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/

GoldorSilver

Reaction score
I must pass on my thanks to all as I have just had my W220 cluster done and after some "discussion" at the dealers and a few quotes from off here they eventually have done it at no charge. At first it was a flat "NO" though and did need a push.

Great.

OP
H

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
Nice of you to come back and keep us posted.
Glad you are sorted.

Hayabusa

Reaction score
Instrument Cluster Kapooten!!!

Hi To All.
Newbie here so please be gentle:).
Had my S320 CDi Cluster completely fail on me today on a nice stretch of the M6...! at a little quick mph:shock:. After immediately taking the car to MB Birmingham Central on there advice they informed me after a quick 15 min test in the workshop that the whole Cluster had to be replaced:shock: OK its a 51 plate & done 170 miles but its in very good nick and always gets the good stuff on servicing. After the initial shock i was told that they had the Cluster in stock and could replace at an estimated cost of £550.00.:rolleyes:
I asked if there had been any recall or goodwill towards the cost and was told no.... Oh right i will get back to you said I.
Well guys you have opened my eyes again with this Forum & would gladly like to no your thoughts and input.
Networking its the future like, garlic bread:)
Great site and many thanks in advance.
Andrew

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi To All.
Newbie here so please be gentle:).
Had my S320 CDi Cluster completely fail on me today on a nice stretch of the M6...! at a little quick mph:shock:. After immediately taking the car to MB Birmingham Central on there advice they informed me after a quick 15 min test in the workshop that the whole Cluster had to be replaced:shock: OK its a 51 plate & done 170 miles but its in very good nick and always gets the good stuff on servicing. After the initial shock i was told that they had the Cluster in stock and could replace at an estimated cost of £550.00.:rolleyes:
I asked if there had been any recall or goodwill towards the cost and was told no.... Oh right i will get back to you said I.
Well guys you have opened my eyes again with this Forum & would gladly like to no your thoughts and input.
Networking its the future like, garlic bread:)
Great site and many thanks in advance.
Andrew

Welcome Andrew, and good luck on your quest with MB, please keep us posted

eGuru

Reaction score
Website
www.artguru.co.uk
Your Mercedes
C180 S204, S320 CDi
There was a recall on this problem. Have a look at GoldorSilvers post a couple before your post. Try another dealer, they should be able to tell by the VIN number.
As Malcolm said, keep us posted.

R

richardgill

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Or try my Dell computer which has now had new hard drives 5 times in one year.

Just read your thread - not a Mercedes related reply but… I run an Apple Mac network as an architect and we have 6 machines running pretty much 24/7. Had Mac machines for 15 years without a single failure of any component. One of my assistants is a die-hard PC user and I've seen him reinstall so many times and loose so much data over the past few years… always difficult to make the change but they're so much more reliable than PCs, no viruses etc.

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
Just read your thread - not a Mercedes related reply but… I run an Apple Mac network as an architect and we have 6 machines running pretty much 24/7. Had Mac machines for 15 years without a single failure of any component. One of my assistants is a die-hard PC user and I've seen him reinstall so many times and loose so much data over the past few years… always difficult to make the change but they're so much more reliable than PCs, no viruses etc.

Also off topic here but....

I run a PC based WAN, and when we did have MACs, it was almost a weekly occurance to either zap the nvram, or rebuild the OS.

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
I must pass on my thanks to all as I have just had my W220 cluster done and after some "discussion" at the dealers and a few quotes from off here they eventually have done it at no charge. At first it was a flat "NO" though and did need a push.

Great.

What year is you car ?

They would not do my 2001 model

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Certain Models were identified with a problem, and those were recalled . Mine was done, 2001 yr My mates 2001 S320 petrol wasn't done and needed a new cluster, he had to pay for it.. They also replaced the top door seals on the doors, tho this has created wind noise..

ashy2k2

Reaction score
I have a Merc S320 CDI and I live in the UK. I have got in my car today to find my dash is totally dead. In a furious mood (because i changed air suspension last week £800+) i went to merc dealers who advised me instument panel burnt out for no reason. They then said £1340 yes one thousand plus and thats supply only. I have complaint asking why they were recalled in USA and not here but they are not interested. Any ideas please?

A

andy@pcd-ltd

Some of the vehicles were recalled over here for that problem

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
There are some people that fix them

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
I have a Merc S320 CDI and I live in the UK. I have got in my car today to find my dash is totally dead. In a furious mood (because i changed air suspension last week £800+) i went to merc dealers who advised me instument panel burnt out for no reason. They then said £1340 yes one thousand plus and thats supply only. I have complaint asking why they were recalled in USA and not here but they are not interested. Any ideas please?

Its £600 for the cluster http://www.mercedes-benz-parts.co.u..._37/s320_38/instrument-cluster_987725374.html and about 2 hours labour including STAR coding. £1,340 is daylight robbery, and they need a good" talking too ". Which dealer is it so they can go on the blacklist !

My car wasn't on the dodgy cluster list so I had to pay for it :rolleyes:

As Malcolm says you can get it repaired http://clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repair-list/mercedes/w220/ for an awful lot less, They will send you the 2 removal keys to send it to them. They will even give you a replacement cluster till you get your one fixed

ps ask them if your car is on the recall list.......

tell MB to go and **** ***

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
You are right chas,, where do these figures come from,,like the Comand system and MB have set up no repair facilities to fix these repairable things,,it is disgusting really

Chas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320
Happy NEW YEAR Malcolm .........

I hate to see people being ripped off by incompetent MB dealers

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Happy NEW YEAR Malcolm .........

I hate to see people being ripped off by incompetent MB dealers

Same to you Sir,, this is the sole reason that I sit here,,it just bugs me Chas

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom