300excess
sp30 in april04
less than 10k per year

if its similar to you what are you payin
:lol:

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
Liverpool Victoria (also known as Frizzell) seemed the best for me. What Car also use them. Note I said best, not cheapest.

They don't care about speeding points (which I like), they'll pay for COMAND if it gets nicked (some have £500 limit). Automatic cover for courtesy cars.

I also wanted the lowest possible excess (their lowest is £100) and guaranteed NCD protection (so I can have as many crashes as I like). I think those 2 things added close to £100 to the quote.

For my C270, in Cheshire, it was just under £400. I do get a 7.5% discount as I'm a CSMA member due to my wife being a Civil Servant (there's a wide range of people who can join the CSMA, and it's free at the moment). Most other companies, including MB, were talking around the £600+ mark.

However I tried them for house contents and the quote was just stupid!

Last edited:

Flying Scot

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 R129 1995
did kunfoosed.com and Elefant AKA Admiral were MILES cheaper than anyone gave me my discount allowance without qustion and then i moved my rather fast Volvo 850 to them and got the Merc and the Volvo on two seperate policies for less than what i was paying for the Volvo and full NCD on both cars/policies

brakes508

Reaction score
me and the wife with e sure £300 fully comp protected for both of us on an slk 230, good price I thought and we've both got SP30!!!!

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
Anyone tried these joint policies yet? (2 cars on one things that Admiral and co are advertising).
My experience is that one ins co will be great for one person yet crap for the same person if they live a few miles away. What I did find was that people like
http://www.moneysupermarket.com/motor/default.asp?Source=GOOMOTOR1&p=0
were pretty good at sorting the good from the bad.

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
We use Direct Line and as we have a Home Contents and Buildings Policy with them too we get a discount. We have just paid our premium this year for the Golf V5 and it was £312 which I think is pretty good as it does include guaranteed car hire. It was less when we had the Mercedes though as it was a smaller engine. We also get a further 10% discount by doing the yearly renewal online :D

OP
P

paresh21272

well done team

cheers rory, u gave a nice bit of info, i am a civil servant and had no idea of csma until i looked it up. frizzel came up with 370 thats over 50notes cheaper. which is enough for a full whack petrol fillup. now its on to nig to blag it for cheaper

thanks ppl
paresh

Rory

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 C270CDi Avantgarde Estate. Bought 2005, sold 2022.
When I saw Wayne Rooney and the Aston that Coleen's just bought him, my first thought was to wonder just how much the insurance premium for a 20yr pro footballer (who has had several accidents) would be!

littlebrooklyn

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 A180d
Rory said:
When I saw Wayne Rooney and the Aston that Coleen's just bought him, my first thought was to wonder just how much the insurance premium for a 20yr pro footballer (who has had several accidents) would be!

Extremely high I would say. My hairdresser is 24 and drives one of those Nissan sporty things, so I reckon Wayne Rooney would pay even more than he does. Mind you he can afford it I guess :lol:

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
My best advice for insurance is shop around every year. Once companies have your business the renewal premiums are not quite as attractive as the initial quote.
I am fortunate in that my company has a deal with an insurance broker. They guarantee to beat Motor renewal by 15% and House by 20%. However I noticed my renewals creaping up each year, so I had quotes from other companies my broker then managed to beat those, however they didn't until I challenged my renewal.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
I did the same. Rang Frizzell and told them I'd had a better quote. They mucked around with the excess and by increasing it to the same as my other quote at £300 - (I wouldn't claim for less than a grand anyway) , the premium dropped to the lowest again. Always worth challenging.

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
swiftcover.com

all online, they dont send you a certificate or anything, its all downloaded via the net.
chepert i found for a couple of my cars

hawk20

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML250 BlueTEC Sport
paresh21272 said:
any particular company that you found to be cheaper than the rest
please help me out. my quote is 420 with nig scandia
9 ncdisc
300excess
sp30 in april04
less than 10k per year

if its similar to you what are you payin
:lol:

I agree with Rory about Liverpool Victoria but if you go via What Car you get all their approved Terms and Conditions. No charge for miles you do (don't even want to know). Free cover in Europe as many trips as you like and no need to notify when going. Great policy and amazing prices for Mercs. We pay £350 for a nearly new S320cdi. Before that paid £250 for a new B class at £25k. Direct Line were good when we had a VW as a second car, but dear for Mercs AND they wanted to insist we fitted a tracker. If over 50 RIAS offer great value on Home Insurance.

gary350

Reaction score
You have to change every year loyality is not part of the deals offered, I went from Liver/vic to esure then to First Alternative (esure own them) new customers seem to get it that little bit cheaper. Going online gets you 10% off and the use of the comparity so you change your excess etc and see how much cheaper it makes it. I have found that last years cheapest is usually not this years cheapest. I check on average 12 different companies.

gary

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom