Is it just me?

barnaclebill15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk220cdi/2006/diesel
Before our CLK we had a 3.0 Z4, my wife used to get a lot of cars trying to race her, an older woman in sports car was like a red flag to a bull, she would slow down and wave them past.
I am enjoying the comfort of the CLK and my back is better without the hard ride.

Andy.M

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 GLA250 Premium Plus, Night, AMG Exclusive Leather, Driving Assistance Packs COMAND DAB HK Audio
Bigger problem round my way is the kids on pushbikes doing wheelies in the middle of the road.
Just seen a couple waiting for a car and they move out into the road in front of the traffic and proceed to wheelie all the way down the street laughing. Then when someone has the cheek to sound their horn they get abuse.
They are going to pick on the wrong car one day.

But I wish I could wheelie like that :)

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
Bigger problem round my way is the kids on pushbikes doing wheelies in the middle of the road.
Just seen a couple waiting for a car and they move out into the road in front of the traffic and proceed to wheelie all the way down the street laughing. Then when someone has the cheek to sound their horn they get abuse.
They are going to pick on the wrong car one day.

But I wish I could wheelie like that :)

That's what bull bars are for! Haven't seen one on a C63 yet though... Unfortunately! :mad:

ajlsl600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
clk3202001,sl6002003 with everything regrettably sold ,A class 170cdi auto. NG/TF1800 ML250
i let em go,most of the time.cant be arsed. showin off planes cars,bikes ussualy ends in grief.

Mark Q

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R 230 SL 500 2004 & Nissan Navara, Jag E-Pace, BMW Z4
The strangest one I encountered was a middle aged guy in a Kia Sedona who just had to beat me through two sets of lights, I Toyed with him a little to get his engine excited then let him through, didn't see what his rush was about as when he got passed he drove at 40 on the best 50 limit road for miles.
Fiat 500's always seem to drive at max velocity on the motorway which to me is much more scary than a chav in a BMW or an Audi as generally they are driven by females around 20 year old who don't seem to appreciate visibilty against stopping distance or how slippy the road can be when its icy or wet.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I drive for a living so do many thousands of miles a year and from experience I can say this. It is the VAG contingent that seem to be in the most hurry to get from A to B. I have tried to figure out why and can only assume that this make of car group are so embarrassed to be seen in this type of vehicle that they have to drive flat out to get where there going before being recognised by someone that they told, that they drive a Mercedes!!!
The worse offenders, VAG, followed closely by another German make, followed by dare I say it, Mer.....No sorry can't. What I can say is less 4x4 road 'owners' being naughty, guess the RR's are all in the workshops.................:D

P

peterdh

Is it only me then that gets the VW Golf drivers who adopt such aggresive tendencies? Plus of course those already mentioned.

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Driving into Edinburgh last night.... Some guy in a black Audi with side lights on coming up the bus lane a bit rapid in a 30 limit. I honestly didn't see him as a threat when I looked in my left mirror because he was waaaaay back. I Indicated left as I was turning left at the next junction. I moved to the left and the next thing there he is trying to get through the reducing gap with his main beam and horn going. He then lit the afterburners, swerved out and accelerated past me to stop at the traffic lights on my right.

Moral of the story.... Undertaking at night, at speed, with side lights only is likely to end in soiled pants.

Then on the way home I get lectured by a girl on a bike with no lights and no helmet who knocked on the passenger window because I hadn't left her an "arm's length" space so she could sit in front of me at the traffic lights.

If all the world's a stage, why are all the clowns in Edinburgh?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Driving into Edinburgh last night.... Some guy in a black Audi with side lights on coming up the bus lane a bit rapid in a 30 limit. I honestly didn't see him as a threat when I looked in my left mirror because he was waaaaay back. I Indicated left as I was turning left at the next junction. I moved to the left and the next thing there he is trying to get through the reducing gap with his main beam and horn going. He then lit the afterburners, swerved out and accelerated past me to stop at the traffic lights on my right.

Moral of the story.... Undertaking at night, at speed, with side lights only is likely to end in soiled pants.

Then on the way home I get lectured by a girl on a bike with no lights and no helmet who knocked on the passenger window because I hadn't left her an "arm's length" space so she could sit in front of me at the traffic lights.

If all the world's a stage, why are all the clowns in Edinburgh?

They aren't. I had the same Audi driver in my rear bumper yesterday for 5 miles.

And the cyclists here.... jeeeez. Narrow country lanes- typical attire consists of black clothing, with dimmed lamps on the rear- think of an old Christmas tree bulb behind some welding glass- and a BFO 20,000lm intermittent flashing searchlight on the front, just to snipe you as you overtake having completely not seen them. Oh, no high vis and no helmet either. One such unlit example shouted at me, "CAN'T YOU SEE MY REFLECTORS?!?" the other day. Well, with oncoming traffic, no I can't! Funny that.

Top Bottom