Is sat nav in 05 s class in black and white.

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
The sat nav I tried in 05 s320 when I push map button it showed up the roads in black with grey backgrounds with no Rd names .
Is it because it’s old maps , is it hard to get a newer disc and is it only a matter of putting new disc in.

Paul1948

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S320 CDI 2003
Your LCD screen is only black and white, expensive update as whole unit needs changing better off getting a seperate TOM TOM unit with lifetime updates.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Your LCD screen is only black and white, expensive update as whole unit needs changing better off getting a seperate TOM TOM unit with lifetime updates.

Thanks , I don’t really need it , I suppose it’s for show , do you know if there’s any ambient lighting in that yr
of s class , also it says COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION is this a DVD player or just a dvd for loaded maps. When you use the cd changer
does it display 6 cds on nav screen.

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Blue EFFICIENCY 250 CDI Sport 2013
Thanks , I don’t really need it , I suppose it’s for show , do you know if there’s any ambient lighting in that yr
of s class , also it says COMAND DVD APS WITH NAVIGATION is this a DVD player or just a dvd for loaded maps. When you use the cd changer
does it display 6 cds on nav screen.
I know this sounds stupid, but I'm not sure, but having said that, it IS coloured as medical facilities are shown as a red cross. I can't check at the moment as I have a loan car while a new alternator is delivered.
It is simply a case of replacing a disc, I don't know if it plays cds on the screen, although there again I think it does, but I don't experiment as I think I can recall a disc sticking, so I leave well enough alone! I replaced my navigation disc a few years ago as it didn't cover all of Northern Ireland, from memory it was around £80 from Agnews
You aren't too far away from me, if I had my car back I could pop around and show what my 2005 does. I'm on the Dunadry ,Ballyrobin Road Templepatrick triangle.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
I know this sounds stupid, but I'm not sure, but having said that, it IS coloured as medical facilities are shown as a red cross. I can't check at the moment as I have a loan car while a new alternator is delivered.
It is simply a case of replacing a disc, I don't know if it plays cds on the screen, although there again I think it does, but I don't experiment as I think I can recall a disc sticking, so I leave well enough alone! I replaced my navigation disc a few years ago as it didn't cover all of Northern Ireland, from memory it was around £80 from Agnews
You aren't too far away from me, if I had my car back I could pop around and show what my 2005 does. I'm on the Dunadry ,Ballyrobin Road Templepatrick triangle.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Thanks , I bought it today and delivered tomorrow, and after pushing a few buttons it came up in colour ok and I loaded cds in and they came up as disc 1 , 2 etc , so alls good there .
I have a button to the left of gear lever with 3 red strip lights on it don’t know what it’s for. And don’t know
where to put dvd in. Lol
So hand books going to get a read over tomorrow night. Lol.
Thanks.

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
The screen is colour on that comand system.

range rover

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E Class Blue EFFICIENCY 250 CDI Sport 2013
Thanks , I bought it today and delivered tomorrow, and after pushing a few buttons it came up in colour ok and I loaded cds in and they came up as disc 1 , 2 etc , so alls good there .
I have a button to the left of gear lever with 3 red strip lights on it don’t know what it’s for. And don’t know
where to put dvd in. Lol
So hand books going to get a read over tomorrow night. Lol.
Thanks.
The dvd goes in just below the radio, I think from memory you need to press the button to the right of 'audio'. Not sure of the 3 red strip lights, I don't have that. If all else fails, read the instruction book!

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
The dvd goes in just below the radio, I think from memory you need to press the button to the right of 'audio'. Not sure of the 3 red strip lights, I don't have that. If all else fails, read the instruction book!

Quite a bit of reading to do. Lol

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
The dvd goes in behind the screen. Press the appropriate button and the screen rises a bit.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom