Jeremy Corbyn.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I have watched the Andrew Neil interviews and despair as to the choices available to the British electorate Corbyn was abysmal, May just not good enough.
To say she was better than Corbyn is not much of an endorsement.
Corbyns failure to answer some very important question particularly on Trident are simply not good enough.
I have no problem with people who don't want a nuclear deterrent there is a madness to them but why can't he just say
"I won't be pressing any buttons" and I will support the scrapping of Trident, fine just say it.
The IRA stuff makes you cringe.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
If Corbyn wins though we will have Diane Abbott looking after the nations security,now that is a scary thought!

It's all a very big IF of course, but if it did happen, I think she would be ousted within about three weeks.

And don't forget, we would have to go through the usual acclimatisation period while they get their noses in the trough and they show that they're all as bad as the others...
- Just think of everything they have criticised and be ready to keep score on what they do...:rolleyes:
- IF and only IF it happens!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
Almost as bad as the thought of John "I can't count" McDonnell being the next Chancellor.
The trouble is, plenty of voters can't look past Corbyn to see what awful top Labour politicians are waiting to fill the big seats.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Okay but frankly Mrs Maybe's cronies don't make a very pretty rogues gallery either!
- Back to "the best of a lousy choice" again!

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
For once I agree Dave Lol
I'm certainly not impressed with Hammond the Chancellor.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Well, presuming that she wins - he's out (according to the "gossip" quotes).

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Oh dear watching Diane Abbott with Marr this morning she is shovelling votes out by the bucket load ..............actually shipping them out ........ in fact I think she's building a pipe line.
Why don't the Labour Party send her on a fact finding mission to Raqqa or something.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Oh dear watching Diane Abbott with Marr this morning she is shovelling votes out by the bucket load ..............actually shipping them out ........ in fact I think she's building a pipe line.
Why don't the Labour Party send her on a fact finding mission to Raqqa or something.

That's entirely in keeping with Her Leader's views...

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
I can see how JC attracts votes from a certain section of society but surely Dianne is losing them as fast as he gets them.

Post coital "chats" between the two would make great TV.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I can see how JC attracts votes from a certain section of society but surely Dianne is losing them as fast as he gets them.

And strain the NHS to breaking point.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
It would raise the national spirit, people would feel good about themselves and David Attenborough would narrate.

Live feeds from the gogglebox team ?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

As you say, shovelling them out by the bucket...
I did a real double take when Marr challenged her over her past IRA position and she told him: "I had a rather splendid Afro at the time. I don't have the same hair style, I don't have the same views - it is 34 years on."

- Frankly, belittling the question like that did her no good whatsoever.
- She must be losing the points quicker than they picked them up over the last ten days!

It's a bit of a shame because it was May's lead to lose and she certainly was losing it.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone

NURSE! THE BRAIN BLEACH, STAT!

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
As you say, shovelling them out by the bucket...
I did a real double take when Marr challenged her over her past IRA position and she told him: "I had a rather splendid Afro at the time. I don't have the same hair style, I don't have the same views - it is 34 years on."

- Frankly, belittling the question like that did her no good whatsoever.
- She must be losing the points quicker than they picked them up over the last ten days!

It's a bit of a shame because it was May's lead to lose and she certainly was losing it.

A cynic might say the same hair in a different style on the same head isn't that different, oh I just did.

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
On the 9 June when labour is decimated , he will stand down and we won't have to see/hear from him again .

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
On the 9 June when labour is decimated , he will stand down and we won't have to see/hear from him again .

In that situation that is the best that Labour could hope for. They do better when he shuts up...

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Corbyn already said (2 or 3 weeks ago) that if he doesn't win he won't resign...

Going by the recent improvement in poll results (for what they're worth) if she buttons it for a couple of weeks they won't be decimated - Corbyn has been on the election trail and they (apparently) improved quite a lot (halved the Tory lead).
- But then it was May's landslide to lose and she seemed to be hell-bent on losing it.
- Especially when she tried (very badly) to defend her dementia tax on TV.

As a result of that "wobble" I think she may have lost the benefit of people having faith in her "strength" (for getting the best Brexit deal) and it looks as though the traditional labour voter may be sticking or reverting to their voting history - who knows?

Meanwhile, I suspect a lot of "undecided" voters have sat up and taken notice of the IFS quote that neither party is telling the truth on taxes etc so they may well be back in the territory of "best of a lousy choice" where traditional voting takes over again.

- But I still don't think Labour have any chance of winning, mind you. Especially after seeing Diane Abbot talking to Andrew Marr today. Frontstep had the best idea: "Why don't the Labour Party send her on a fact finding mission to Raqqa or something."

Oh well, we shall know in ten days time!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
I think Abbott and Corbyn together are the Conservatives secret weapon , the more they go on TV the worse it gets . I know Corbyn said he won't resign but he can't really say otherwise pre election , I think even with determination to stay on if the results are absolutely catastrophic he's out .

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom