Jeremy Corbyn.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
You obviously ignored the :p at the end of my post?

You’ll do well to get me to bite. I work off the mantra of DGAF! ;)

Me ignore? Never ;)

LLAC I thought :p

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
YYD! WO1 Dredd!

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Talking of that, I saw a piece on facebook about a film called HARD Brexit. With characters such as Theresa Will, Tronald Dump, Vladimir Putitin and Jeremy Phwoarbin.

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
Had to laugh, heard a reporter talked to a student in Cambridge who thought now Labour had won the seat his loan would be wiped. Just sums up some of the short sighted easily bribed voters that got out of bed to vote.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Had to laugh, heard a reporter talked to a student in Cambridge who thought now Labour had won the seat his loan would be wiped. Just sums up some of the short sighted easily bribed voters that got out of bed to vote.

They walk among us!

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Future leaders of our country, right there.

Or, as it's Cambridge, future Russian spies...

triumphstag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL 500 (2002) R230
And that was one of the educated ones.....
Academically intelligent - probably
Intellectually wise - errrrr no

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
We should all be VERY careful.
- He might be a driver.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And that was one of the educated ones.....
Academically intelligent - probably
Intellectually wise - errrrr no

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

There is an interesting case study here. Increasing medical studies are showing the same thing, that the centres of the brain responsible for risk/ benefit analysis do not fully develop until the age of 23-25yo. We see this reflected in insurance premiums by the way, who have developed their data empirically. The change is physiological rather than psychological, that is there is a physical change within the biology of the brain rather than just "growing up a bit".

Now, one could argue, someone not capable of rationalising out the risk of voting "just cuz it's anti establishment innit, fcuk the fat cats" should not be allowed to vote until his/ her brain has at least developed to the point where it should be capable of thinking through the ramifications to its actions.

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
I would not extend the franchise to under 18s. You'll always get someone who'll trot out the "my 16 year-old's really sensible" line and yes, they probably are, but 99.999999999999999999999999999% aren't. Your teenage years are your least rational.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
And so they should be. I never get why society has the urge to make kids grow up these days.
Hmm I've always wondered... at the tender age of 17.5 I joined the army. They gave me a railways ticket to the Guards Depot at Pirbright where I got a nice khaki suit and a rifle to keep in my locker (funny isn't it, they left it with you from day one - I suppose because you would end up carrying it about/using it every day - but after training when at least you knew what you were doing, all weapons (apart from bayonets which you kept until you left) got locked up in the armoury and you had to go and draw it when required! - Of course you didn't have any bullets unless you went on the firing range etc...).

Anyway, I survived the training but a number of people got kicked out and a few hated it so much they bought themselves out - I think it cost £20. I think the "wastage" was as high as 40% in those days. It never bothered me, but at my age I was too young to vote (21) and if I had wanted to buy something on the never-never it wouldn't have been allowed but Her Majesty could have sent me anywhere to kill or be killed - I recall a weapons training instructor explaining to the squad that we should forget all about our ideas about adventure/seeing the world etc - we were now hired killers! All done in "sort-of" jest but a sobering thought nevertheless. But apparently, although I couldn't vote or buy something on HP, my signing on signature was legally binding (no parental approval was required).

In fact - because I joined on a 3 year engagement I was still under 21 i.e.: too young to vote when I was demobbed! That happened because only the Brigade had 3-year agreements, the rest of the army started with 6 years apart from those who got Short Term Commissions. Funnier still, I had actually fancied going in the Royal Navy and I phoned the recruitment centre and asked "How long do I need to sign on for?" and a deep gravelly voice (I could almost see the tattoos!) replied "NINE YEARS from the age of 18, come in and see me, sunshine..." Nine years was like a lifetime so the army won the raffle!

Happy days... But I'd do it again in that proverbial heartbeat.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
In 1995 I joined at 16yrs 9mths (much to my folks dismay). Still serving now. A couple of folks had decided to commit suicide with their rifles in previous years so my locker was laid out with neatly folded jumpers, socks, correctly ironed shirts etc. Rifles were in the Armoury.

I went on my first operational deployment at 17.7mths. Also still too young to vote.

But as with you I’d still do it all again in a heartbeat.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom