Jeremy Corbyn.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Rifles should be kept in the armoury, where they can be well and truly counted ;)

I think it was Suphi who, talking about the whole risk/ benefit at age thing, said that it is useful for an army that 18yo boys can easily be persuaded that attacking an MMG nest uphill is a good idea...

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Rifles should be kept in the armoury, where they can be well and truly counted ;)

I think it was Suphi who, talking about the whole risk/ benefit at age thing, said that it is useful for an army that 18yo boys can easily be persuaded that attacking an MMG nest uphill is a good idea...
In my experience there was no such thing as an idea... you just attacked wherever you were told to....
- And we went up and down a 'skyscraper' of a hill repeatedly in full kit because a Sgt the size and demeanor of an external convenience screamed at you.

coxyhog

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E500 Sport Coupe
Copied from a FB post,not sure how much of it is bs:

We had 38 years of Bombings, shootings, Executions and Terrorist activity (never once got a pop concert!). Unless you know the facts of the conflict in NI and lived through it - you know sod all about living in Terror!

1. The Provisional IRA were responsible for 91% of ALL Terrorist activity between 1969 - 2017

2. The Royal Ulster Constabulary GC was disbanded as a Sinn Fein Demand despite being responsible for only 56 deaths during the entire period of the conflict

3. The IRA was responsible for killing 1907 people during the conflict period (more than 61% of the total number killed)

4. The IRA Killed more Catholics Civilians than every other Combatant Group (Police/Army/Loyalist Paramilitaries) combined

5. Martin McGuinness served 6 months in an Irish Prison in 1976 for IRA membership and weapons charges and said when sentenced 'I am a member or Orlaigh na h'Eirann (Army of Ireland) and am very proud"

6 As Commander of the IRA in Londonderry, Martin McGuinness was responsible for :-

firebombing 80% of all the businesses in the City Centre between 1969 - 1974,

Carrying out the Claudy Massacre killing 9 innocent Men, Women and Children

Murdering 267 people during the time he admitted to being the Commander of Derry Brigade PIRA

Was implicated in the IRA murder of Frank Hegarty whom he lured back to Derry after being outed as a 'Tout' (Informer)

7. The IRA carried out the Northern Bank Robbery in Belfast and got away with £26.3 Million whilst supposed to be on Ceasefire.

8. 17 of Sinn Fein's current MLA'S have convictions for murder and/or violent Terrorist Activity.

9. Sinn Fein President Gerry Adams has been implicated as being responsible for the Disappearance and Murder of Belfast Woman Jean McConville whose crime was to give comfort to a dying Soldier who had just been shot by an IRA sniper

10. The Labour Party have invited Sinn Fein to their Annual Party Conference every year since 1983.

11. The Scottish Nationalist Party talked of replicating the provos 'Armed Struggle' and contemplated beginning terrorist acts in Scotland to achieve independence from the UK

12. Former SNP Leader Alex Salmond set up the '79 Group' within the SNP and pushed to an armed campaign to be started and demanded that the SNP and Sinn Fein co-ordinate terrorist activity until the group was banned by the SNP and Salmond thrown out of the SNP in 1982. He was welcomed back into the SNP in 1985 and as leader forged links between Scottish and Irish Nationalist Groups such as the James Connolly movement.

13. The IRA to date have carried out over 20 thousand 'Kneecappings' and other forms of punishment shootings with 97% of those injured being from their own Community.

14. The majority of people born and living in Northern Ireland today has at least one family member or neighbour who was killed/injured/attacked by terrorists during the conflict

15 when Jeremy Corbyn came to visit NI he always stood on a platform with IRA murderers and no one else. He was NOT a Peacemaker - he was a Sympathiser of the IRA and promoted their ideology and actions along with those of Spanish separatists ETA, Palestinian Terrorists Hamas and Colombian guerrillas FARC.

16. Corbyn and Diane Abbott along with other prominent Labour MP'S along with Trade Union leaders were prominent members of the Troops Out movement which supported the IRA campaign and demanded British Troops be withdrawn from this part of the UK. They also called the RUC "Babykillers" and accused the Army of cold blooded murder.

So all your moaning about the DUP is pretty minor.

The fact is you are simply annoyed the DUP will keep Corbyn out of power, that is the real reason.

I was actually involved in the Peace Process (Administration), something Corbyn wasn't, the DUP totally disowned Loyalist Terrorist groups of the UVF and UFF who were represented by the PUP and UDP.

Labour tried to do a deal with the DUP in 2010 and again in 2015, nobody was bothered then?

Corbyn and Co totally ignored the majority of voters in Northern Ireland who wished to remain British.

Corbyn only wanted to hang around IRA and every other enemy of the UK.

OP
F

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Borro
So true:

One of the funniest things I heard from a young student who voted in last weeks general election was that he was voting for Jeremy Corbyn because Corbyn was “anti-establishment”. The ‘establishment’ being, I assume, the Tories. His comment made me laugh out loud.

I fully understand the drive from the young to be anti-establishment and against the norm etc. You see all the bad things going on in the world, the norm and like to think that you are different and that you and your friends can make the world a better place. If only the world ran like you and your friends agreed, everything would be great – and I fully agree with the sentiment, it’s good to dream and to try to find ways to make positive changes in the world.

This issue I have is with the outright stupidity of your thinking that ‘the Tories’ are ‘the establishment’ and that Jeremy Corbyn is somehow the driver of an ‘anti-establishment and change’ movement. And it compounds your stupidity, and my view of young people’s quasi ‘snowflake’ uselessness, that it is not somebody within your own ranks ‘i.e. young’ that is leading this so called movement.

Nothing Corbyn has suggested is ‘new’, everything he has suggested is ‘old’ and tired and………..is completely pro-establishment. What you have failed to understand in your ‘global’ immature minds is that while a country is in debt the political parties are almost completely irrelevant.
The true ‘establishment’ is lead by financiers, huge banks and Global Corporations. Anyone, Anyone who is in ‘debt’ to these institutions is a ‘slave’ to these institutions, debt makes you a slave, debt makes you a quisling to the establishment.

Unfortunately for you, and whether you like it or not, you not liking it won’t change anything, the Tories at the moment are fully aware of this and are in effect the ‘anti-establishment’ party, “gasp”, yes it’s true!
They are the party trying to reduce our debt. We are currently £1T in debt and rising. We can’t afford for companies to leave – we HAVE to beg them to come here with tax incentives etc. We OWE the banks £50B in interest every year, that’s INTEREST only.

And what’s Jeremy Corbyns great ‘anti-establishment’ plan, the one no-one has thought of before? That’s right, borrow another £500B and massively increase our debt. Increase our yearly interest payments to the ‘establishment’ to an easy £75B and some. And I tell you something, the ‘establishment’ you are so desperate to challenge won’t mind that one little bit. Jeremy Corbyn is an establishment stooge, he is everything the ‘establishment’ wants – debt, debt and more debt for the UK…….

At the moment you are all stooges to the fat cats, they must be laughing themselves to sleep every night as you run around chanting “Borrow more money!”, “Pay more interest!”, “Live beyond our means!”.

You are not anti-establishment, you’re doing exactly what the establishment wants and I for one am disappointed beyond belief at how stupid and easily manipulated you are with this ‘establishment’ driven movement you have adopted in your desperation to be ‘anti-establishment’. Isn’t it funny that when the Tories have ‘almost’ reduced our deficit to the point where we can almost begin to start paying off our debts and maybe get into surplus we get this challenge from a ‘white haired innocent peace lover’ who’s whole mantra is ‘everything will be fine if we just borrow more money’!!!!! And you’re supporting it? Well more the fool you.

A country in surplus with money in the bank is everything the ‘establishment’ doesn’t want. We can’t be bullied by big corporations. We can make our own decisions. If companies want to come here we set the rules based on strength not desperation.

I’m desperate to see someone rise up out of your ranks and form a true ‘anti-establishment’ movement. One that’s really ‘anti-establishment’, one that says “**** you big banks and corporations, we won’t do what you tell us”.
When will I see thousands of you marching in the streets chanting for ‘Zero-debt’, ‘No spending over what we can afford’, ‘No more borrowing’ or ‘Social responsibility within our means’.
Because THAT is an ‘anti-establishment’ movement THAT is what the true ‘establishment’ is afraid of, a country living within its means, in surplus, and not in debt to THEM.

But alas I don’t think this will happen. It is the curse of the young to repeat their parents mistakes. So I expect I’ll just see you continuing with your mantra “Let’s borrow loads of money and worry about it later, that’ll stick it to them, we’re so anti-establishment, yeh!” …………as the fat cats rub their hands in glee.

Taken from here: https://maclifesuperblog.com/open-letter-to-young-anti-establishment-pretenders/
But its the Conservatives who always borrow more and the Labour Party who always pay back more ????

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class

We had 38 years of Bombings, shootings, Executions and Terrorist activity (never once got a pop concert!). Unless you know the facts of the conflict in NI and lived through it - you know sod all about living in Terror!

1. The Provisional IRA were responsible for 91% of ALL Terrorist activity between 1969 - 2017

2. The Royal Ulster Constabulary GC was disbanded as a Sinn Fein Demand despite being responsible for only 56 deaths during the entire period of the conflict

3. The IRA was responsible for killing 1907 people during the conflict period (more than 61% of the total number killed)

4. The IRA Killed more Catholics Civilians than every other Combatant Group (Police/Army/Loyalist Paramilitaries) combined

5. Martin McGuinness served 6 months in an Irish Prison in 1976 for IRA membership and weapons charges and said when sentenced 'I am a member or Orlaigh na h'Eirann (Army of Ireland) and am very proud"

6 As Commander of the IRA in Londonderry, Martin McGuinness was responsible for :-

Murdering 267 people during the time he admitted to being the Commander of Derry Brigade PIRA

Was implicated in the IRA murder of Frank Hegarty whom he lured back to Derry after being outed as a 'Tout' (Informer)

7. The IRA carried out the Northern Bank Robbery in Belfast and got away with £26.3 Million whilst supposed to be on Ceasefire.

8. 17 of Sinn Fein's current MLA'S have convictions for murder and/or violent Terrorist Activity.

9. Sinn Fein President Gerry Adams has been implicated as being responsible for the Disappearance and Murder of Belfast Woman Jean McConville whose crime was to give comfort to a dying Soldier who had just been shot by an IRA sniper

10. The Labour Party have invited Sinn Fein to their Annual Party Conference every year since 1983.

11. The Scottish Nationalist Party talked of replicating the provos 'Armed Struggle' and contemplated beginning terrorist acts in Scotland to achieve independence from the UK

12. Former SNP Leader Alex Salmond set up the '79 Group' within the SNP and pushed to an armed campaign to be started and demanded that the SNP and Sinn Fein co-ordinate terrorist activity until the group was banned by the SNP and Salmond thrown out of the SNP in 1982. He was welcomed back into the SNP in 1985 and as leader forged links between Scottish and Irish Nationalist Groups such as the James Connolly movement.

13. The IRA to date have carried out over 20 thousand 'Kneecappings' and other forms of punishment shootings with 97% of those injured being from their own Community.

14. The majority of people born and living in Northern Ireland today has at least one family member or neighbour who was killed/injured/attacked by terrorists during the conflict

15 when Jeremy Corbyn came to visit NI he always stood on a platform with IRA murderers and no one else. He was NOT a Peacemaker - he was a Sympathiser of the IRA and promoted their ideology and actions along with those of Spanish separatists ETA, Palestinian Terrorists Hamas and Colombian guerrillas FARC.

16. Corbyn and Diane Abbott along with other prominent Labour MP'S along with Trade Union leaders were prominent members of the Troops Out movement which supported the IRA campaign and demanded British Troops be withdrawn from this part of the UK. They also called the RUC "Babykillers" and accused the Army of cold blooded murder.

The fact is you are simply annoyed the DUP will keep Corbyn out of power, that is the real reason.

I was actually involved in the Peace Process (Administration), something Corbyn wasn't, the DUP totally disowned Loyalist Terrorist groups of the UVF and UFF who were represented by the PUP and UDP.

Labour tried to do a deal with the DUP in 2010 and again in 2015, nobody was bothered then?

Corbyn and Co totally ignored the majority of voters in Northern Ireland who wished to remain British.

So much of it true, so much of it Fake News, so much of it speculation.
As for the DUP totally disowning the loyalist terrorist groups... this has been screwed round to make the DUP look good. Actually the Loyalist Terrorist Groups disowned the DUP, after Paisley used them to further his own 'war' with the brits, and then disowned them when it suited him. The DUP saw the rise of Genuine people like David Ervine... (a former bomber and terrorist, who realised how they were being used by Paisley and his DUP... Ervine then became a very successful political leader with some very interesting and forward thinking and peaceful views...) as a threat to their own power base and did everything they could to stop this splitting of their power base and vote.
There is no doubt it was written by a loyal DUP supporter, whose involvement in the peace process could be summed up on the back of a postage stamp with room left for the Lords prayer, or several quotes from the Good Friday Agreement.
Much of the stuff posted is speculation and to be taken with a pinch of salt.
mingled with some of the truth.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Borro

But its the Conservatives who always borrow more and the Labour Party who always pay back more ????

Borrowing is not necessarily the problem, the deficit is, it has been brought down to £45bn from £150bn

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Absolutely, people are not aware of this though

Jon, the interest on the deficit is £45bn, not the deficit itself..!

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
I get 'clothes hangers'.
It's a headache combined with ear ache -

"Now pick up the clothes, strewn all over the floor, if you weren't sooo greedy last night, you'd be feeling a whole lot better now" accompanied by a coat hanger in my face...
:confused::D

Of coarse when she's delicate "Why did you make me drink all that"!:confused:

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.

Yes stop your moaning the Loyalist terrorists only killed 997 people. The IRA twice that number. The statistics you have copied without verification are facile.

Naraic

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CL500.
So much of it true, so much of it Fake News, so much of it speculation.
As for the DUP totally disowning the loyalist terrorist groups... this has been screwed round to make the DUP look good. Actually the Loyalist Terrorist Groups disowned the DUP, after Paisley used them to further his own 'war' with the brits, and then disowned them when it suited him. The DUP saw the rise of Genuine people like David Ervine... (a former bomber and terrorist, who realised how they were being used by Paisley and his DUP... Ervine then became a very successful political leader with some very interesting and forward thinking and peaceful views...) as a threat to their own power base and did everything they could to stop this splitting of their power base and vote.
There is no doubt it was written by a loyal DUP supporter, whose involvement in the peace process could be summed up on the back of a postage stamp with room left for the Lords prayer, or several quotes from the Good Friday Agreement.
Much of the stuff posted is speculation and to be taken with a pinch of salt.
mingled with some of the truth.

Indeed, many people on both sides, regretted the early death of David Ervine (heart attack). He spoke well and forcibly when others were doing the usual orange/green stuff.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Excellent speech by Jeremy today at the Brighton conference, delivered as any great speech should be without the drama and the self-righteous plaudits. No wonder the Tories see him as a danger ... to their future survival as a government party...

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom