Kenotek Anti-Insect review

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
Kenotek Anti-Insect test (1 litre, £7.49)

‘Wax-safe easy removal of insect residues’

We do try to test as many of the products that we stock as possible, so I had the opportunity last Thursday to try this on a Ferrari 360 I look after.

Anything that retains the wax the car is protected with and minimises hands on washing is very welcome, so I gave it a go.

As you can see the car was heavily spattered with a variety of insect bodies plus evidence of a couple of larger hits.

The product is supplied in a large, robust yet tactile 1L spray bottle and I sprayed around the affected area. The car was dry and cool. I also did the wing mirrors, no bugs on the rest of the car due to its aerodynamics, it seems.

Left the product to dwell for about 3-4 minutes and ran my finger over a small area to assess how it felt – a bit slimy is all I can say. Then blasted it off with a strong jet of water – I prefer not to use a pressure washer on this car, as its rarely really dirty anyway.

Results: I have to say pretty amazing. The insect bodies just disappeared with the water jet (I left one of the mirrors to wash off with a sheepskin wash mitt and with one wipe they were off). There was simply nothing left except loads of bugs on my mitt which I had to pick out - so this product is a bonus there too). Brilliant, and inexpensive too.

This is now part of my wash routine for the summer – in fact, later on I used it on my silver Range Rover which has none of the aerodynamics and collect insects within yards of being washed. When washing off here, I could see complete insects floating away, so clearly the product unbonds them somehow.

Product cost is £7.49 for 1 litre from http://www.morethanpolish.com/kenotek-car-care.asp

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ does it remove seagull shite too?

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Interesting, the sensor lets you say shite but not ****!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Interesting stuff , I find that a coat of Sonax BSD also makes the insects just wash off , especially with a snow foam as a pre wash .

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
When I was at school seagulls were birds, not insects, but it may work on them if the ***** contains insects.

A wax will help when washing off insects as they bond to the wax not paint, and this car had £285 Race Glaze Black Label on it, so seriously top end stuff, but the way the insects came off was stunning. And I've been detailing cars for 15 years.

Didn't need a snow foam and all the faff to get that on, just a spray bottle.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I was a bit tongue in cheek there but seriously I know seagulls aren't insects, wish they were! But might this stuff work on poo is my question or do you have another product?

eman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
21 EQC 400 Premium Plus
When I had the E class I had it star guarded and got the case with the top up, class cleaner, etc and bird lime remover which shifts any muck thats landed on my cars.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I got the wipes with an old kit but they're not great with baked on job e's...

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I'm with John on the bird shoite stuff. I'd happily pay £20-30 for a bottle of zero-friction plop repellent!!!

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
I'm getting the impression they think we're winding them up Craig, they ain't answering

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Seriously, Morethanpolish. I want bird poo repellent, I'm willing to pay for it. What do you have that works? :)

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
Brilliant, and "sky rat" pooh is the worst imho. IMG_0777.JPG
Had to check the CCTV as I couldn't think what had done this !!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We have Canada geese that do random carpet- bombing runs. Damn things.

Wearsafoxhat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E55k :S211, SL500 :R129 , V220
I rewound the footage as I had no idea what could have done such a large turd.
It was a pigeon, it landed, fluffed up its feathers and dumped this on my SL.
By the time I had got home it had baked onto the glass and took a while to get off.
Have invested in a Black Widow catapult and a bag of 4mm ball bearings, have only to touch the door handle and they are gone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Black Widow, I had its big brother the Diablo... that takes me back!!!

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
This product is specifically for insects as it apparently attacks the protein in their bodies to dissolve them, so can't see it working on major bird poop.

Best bet for baked on dollops is water, on a small soft cloth to soak it unless washing the whole car, lightly rub off and repeat until gone - if you use clay bar or QD/cloth you risk the dried poop scratching the car. You just need patience. And a 12 bore.

(It appears this post was saved as a draft yesterday, just posted it). There's not much you can do to repel poop other than ensuring there's a good coat of quality paste wax on the car (liquid waxes dont have as much carnauba in them) or invest in a cover. Half covers are popular for cabriolets as getting poop off them can be tricky - see:
http://www.carcovershop.co.uk/Waterproof-Car-Half-TopCovers.asp

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yip tried all that - anyway thanks!
Just hopeful we had found the seagull shite removal utopia

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom