1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Key function after flat battery

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Jabberwock, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Jabberwock

Jabberwock Member

Hello
    R230 (SL500) 2003.Recently I very foolishly left the car in the garage after stopping the engine with the key in. Result very flat service battery and starter battery down to 10.5 volts. Charged up both batteries (with the service battery earth disconnected) and car came back to life. However initially the key I left in ignition although it would unlock car and turn electrics on would not start car . Now ( despite renewing its 3v battery) it will start car but gear lever is stuck firmly in Park. Our other key (the original) and key-card work fine and car is back to normal.
    Any ideas?

2. John Laidlaw

John Laidlaw Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W212 E63 ///AMG V8 Biturbo Volvo XC90 2018
  3. onefortheroad

onefortheroad Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    w219 2008
    try pressing lock and hold press unlock and hold , wait untill red light flashes , usually about 10 seconds.

4. OP
    Jabberwock

Jabberwock Member

Yes IR works and I tried the reset above but same result. Key will lock/unlock car, start engine but not allow gear to be moved away from Park. OK with other (original) key and KEYLESS Go card