Key won't turn in ignition

Lisa

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a 2006 A class and this morning I went out jumped in to go to work and the key wouldn't turn in the ignition. The key is opening the car ok, but just won't turn to start the car. The steering is locked and I've tried wiggling the steering wheel, but nothing is working. Any advice appreciated.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hi Lisa and sorry to hear of your problems,, do try the spare key as this could be the key

OP
L

Lisa

Reaction score
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks. I really hope it is the key, but my dog chewed the spare so can;t try that. I've had my husband tell me how silly I am to have not replaced the spare sooner. Note to self to not allow this to hapen again!!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
That key was worth £150 ouch,, dont know what else to say,,it could be a DAS fault and we always check with the spare key

OP
L

Lisa

Reaction score
Am I best to order a new key and see from there? What is DAS? Sorry as you can tell I know very little about car. : )

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Am I best to order a new key and see from there? What is DAS? Sorry as you can tell I know very little about car. : )

DAS is drive authorization system sorry about this. There are other faults that could cause it but where do you start without checking the key

You do need the log book and some ID when you go

The locking part is separate from the starting, if the keys get dropped they can break

OP
L

Lisa

Reaction score
Thanks Malcolm.
I'll order the new key and see from there.

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Hey dont order a new key until ur sure it is the key that is duff. the dealer can check the key for you,

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hey dont order a new key until ur sure it is the key that is duff. the dealer can check the key for you,

Are you sure as I have never heard of that

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom