Launch control

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W204 2013 C350 CDI Pan roof
Apologies for lots of questions. Does the C350 CDI have this function, I don't think they do, but a mate who drives an Audi seems to think they must have, because his S-Line has one.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Nope, sorry. AMG cars do have various incarnations of ‘launch control’ (Mine is race start ), I had an Audi A6 S-Line and I can tell you it didn’t either. Mind you it was a 2.0 Diesel which couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding either....
The ‘S’ models from Audi do (S-line is like Mercedes AMG-Line, or AMG sports which are look a likes....)

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Nope, sorry. AMG cars do have various incarnations of ‘launch control’ (Mine is race start ), I had an Audi A6 S-Line and I can tell you it didn’t either. Mind you it was a 2.0 Diesel which couldn’t pull the skin off a rice pudding either....
The ‘S’ models from Audi do (S-line is like Mercedes AMG-Line, or AMG sports which are look a likes....)
Thanks John, I have no interest in Launch Control anyway. My mates car is the 3.0 Diesel A4 Quattro s-line and he even went through the process so he is adamant that he has it.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Thanks John, I have no interest in Launch Control anyway. My mates car is the 3.0 Diesel A4 Quattro s-line and he even went through the process so he is adamant that he has it.
Erm yes, I believe he is right with that model- IIRC the 3.0 Quattro in A4 and A6 have the twin turbo where they are touting it as an out and out sports car

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Erm yes, I believe he is right with that model- IIRC the 3.0 Quattro in A4 and A6 have the twin turbo where they are touting it as an out and out sports car
They look ok, but the interiors have a lot of plastic and seem very dated for the age.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
They look ok, but the interiors have a lot of plastic and seem very dated for the age.
Mine was certainly a sheep in wolfs clothing! That said it was the 2.0l - the 3.0 were much better.
I just couldn’t gel with the Audis at all , you couldn't fault the build quality, layout, etc but...boring

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
The reason VAG high power diseasels have Launch Control (Audi 3.0 (240ps up) and VW on the 2.0 240ps Bi-Turbo) is because they have the S-Tronic/DSG box. I had it on my vRS and it's a gimmick to be honest. I found I could get a faster launch by short shifting to second.

But on Mercs only AMG's with the Exocet under the bonnet get launch control/race start.

OP
Capra

Capra

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The reason VAG high power diseasels have Launch Control (Audi 3.0 (240ps up) and VW on the 2.0 240ps Bi-Turbo) is because they have the S-Tronic/DSG box. I had it on my vRS and it's a gimmick to be honest. I found I could get a faster launch by short shifting to second.

But on Mercs only AMG's with the Exocet under the bonnet get launch control/race start.
I agree about the gimmick thing. My mates car will hit 60 at the same time I think and that's with him using Launch control.

Top Bottom