Left Daytime Running Light not working - CLS63 W218 2013

Daniel Sadjadian

Reaction score
Website
danielsadjadian.com
Your Mercedes
CLS63 AMG W218 - 2013 - 5.5 V8 BITURBO
Hi,

I turned on my Mercedes this morning and noticed that a message appeared on the driver dashboard: "Check front left daytime running light". So I got out of the car, had a look and saw saw that only the right side was on.

Does anyone know how I can replace the light myself (preferably without having to go to a stealership lol)?

I'm pretty sure it's not the fuse, otherwise both daytime running lights would not work.

I have searched and searched online for the replacement part, but have been unable to find it. My car is the CLS63 model, so it doesn't use the standard daytime running lights. It uses the bigger LED strip that's placed higher up, in the front bumper.

Car details: CLS63 AMG - 2013 - W218 (pre facelift - when the daytime running lights were separate from the main lights).

Ps: This is my first post, so apologies if isn't formatted correctly or within some kind of special question guidelines.

Thanks for your time, Dan.

mancman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC 250D
Hi Dan probably just the bulb needs changing I'm not sure if it's a simple job or not, you can try taking out the old one that will let you know if it's easy or not.

OP
Daniel Sadjadian

Daniel Sadjadian

Reaction score
Website
danielsadjadian.com
Your Mercedes
CLS63 AMG W218 - 2013 - 5.5 V8 BITURBO
Thanks for your reply guys! The LED strip unit I am looking for, is the AMG specific one:

CLS.png

You can see it's much bigger than the standard daytime running lights. But I have been unable to find the part.

Larkone

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C219 CLS 320CDI 2008
Looks like they are specific to the CLS63 AMG - main dealer then.

Top Bottom