"Let me be clear"

M80

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2014 639 Viano- 651, 5sp Auto. 2009 S211- 646, 5sp Auto.
Is one of those Politician's terms that makes me cringe.
It being very condescending and "Let me" as if we could stop 'em anyway.

Then all these smiling politicians shaking hands and patronising people in the street they wouldn't normally have the inclination to spare any time for.

The leaders attending a 'put up' appearance at such as a cheese factory, wearing white smock and hygiene hat, to blubber on about how much they will do for us in future. And the poor sods working there having to stand and listen to the cr*p. Nothing of the blubber is anything to do with cheese.

Acting school sincerity is another.

Sorry, just felt the need to vent some.

kid-jensen

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ml320CDI 2007
It started with ****** Thatcher..

Her favourate phrase was "We've made it perfectly clear".... when of course, she hadn't. It's just a teacher's trick to make you feel you wern't lintening so you were guilted into not asking again.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
It's a stock debating phrase.

Watching Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister is a good sound base to understand the political machinations of government.

"That's a good question; now let me ask YOU a question", "I don't think that's the question here" (and answering a completely different question) plus many more go along with "Let me be clear".

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom