Life after Photobucket!

julesg007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 250 D AMG
Seems that I am very much behind the curve with Photobucket as I've only just found out about the 3rd party hosting thing which is a pain as I wanted to update a thread with some pictures!!!

So I know there are some other providers such as Flikr and Imgur but I was wondering if there was an alternative which when posting onto the forum the picture is displayed in your thread rather than just a link to a picture.

Or is there a way to use the saved photobucket images as unfortunately I cannot add photos to the thread in the normal manner as I cannot change the resolution on the camera as they are taken with an iPhone or iPad.

Cheers

Jules

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Use the file upload facility when you reply. Simple.
If you need to do more pictures create a media album on the forum and link to them there.

OP
julesg007

julesg007

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC 250 D AMG
Hi Lost Kiwi,

Thanks for the reply.

At lot does seem to have changed and doing a trail of a picture it did upload it which wasn’t always the case as usually they were too big to do so.

Would though be grateful if you could give me some advice of how to create a media album as I’m not to tech savvy and really only a basic user of the forum!

Cheers

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Click on media, add media and just follow the prompts. If you want to use an image find it in your album, right click it and copy image address. The write your post in the forum and add the image by clicking the picture icon. Paste the address and job done.

umblecumbuz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 and CLC 204 cdi, MX5, Kia Soul
I'm not a techie either, but one thing I have found when uploading photos to any site is to make them a standard size. I keep mine in their appropriate files all at 2000 pixels width, maintaining the aspect ratio. Most sites seem to display them at this size without problems.

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
So I know there are some other providers such as Flikr and Imgur but I was wondering if there was an alternative which when posting onto the forum the picture is displayed in your thread rather than just a link to a picture.

If you use Imgur, click on the photo you want to post, hover your mouse on the down arrow and you'll see the option to "Get share links". Click on that and Click again on the Copy button for BB Code (Forums)

Then you only have to paste (Ctrl+V) the code after clicking on the image icon above.

That will display the full photo instead of a link to your photo.

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom