"Lights left on Buzzer" issue

Stevie A

Reaction score
190E 2.6

The "lights left on" buzzer warning sound comes on sometimes when the lights are off and when I open the drivers or front passenger's door. If I switch the lights on with the doors open the buzzing increases.

I have had this problem on an erratic basis for about two months. I found at first if I opened and closed all the doors in series it would stop the buzzing. I did notice that I had a window down and opened the drivers door and it started the buzzing again the other day. The buzzing had stopped when I left the car overnight and then today I opened the door to enter the car and the ****** buzzer was back!

Anybody got any ideas? Is there a "2 doors open" buzzer that I'm unaware of? Would a faulty or corroded wire cause this problem? Is there any warning buzzer apart from the "lights left on"?

OP
Stevie A

Stevie A

Reaction score
Turns out when the drivers door is open and the buzzer is on, if I open the passenger door behind the driver's door the buzzing stops. I'm thinking a loose wire between the passenger and driver's door is causing this. I've little electrical knowledge.

Would a wire on the buzzer circuit earthing or something cause this? Any ideas please.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom