List of bits to do... And a story...

OP
silestanix

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
Yeah I do 145 miles a day which is bonkers really but needs must. My biggest issue is lack of driveway, everything gets done at my Dad's, in fact I can't even wash the car outside the house as it's a busy bus route and it's not practical to be stood in the road. Backache is a big issue for me; I have Scoliosis, my spine is S shaped and it causes some serious pain at times hence I've had 5 Volvo's! As a minimum I need to have cruise control which negates a lot of older metal (or least, the kind of affordable, daily driver stuff) as the pain of keeping my foot balanced on the pedal for an hour and a half is too much to go without it.

The current Volvo is awesome though and fits in the family requirements really well. I guess safety is a concern as I have a 2 year old and that is another consideration but in an ideal world I'd have a bangernomics daily beater for the commute, the CLK for the weekend and my wife's car (which is due for upgrade) for family duties, shopping, shunting round the doors but somehow the Volvo ends up doing everything, leaving the CLK for occasional use.

I admire anyone who uses an older car as a daily, maybe when the commute cuts down and I have more space to accommodate things I'll give it a go :D

Definitely understand the backache problems having similar issues myself... Not anywhere near as bad but it's uncomfortable nonetheless when the issues surface after a while.

Volvos are good motors to be fair, I've had two, the V70 was ace and is missed, the C70 was a pain in my back side though and so unreliable.

You'll definitely need an older motor with CC so an older MB or BMW is an option, all my older cars have had CC so hopefully you'll find a good one!

OP
silestanix

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
Adding to the list of things to do, remove clearcoat spots from the windscreen, ffs. Will bust out the razor blade and lube tomorrow.

*sigh*.

om613

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S202 C250TD, S123 240TD
No no its fine haha, I only used this place on recommendation. My best freinds uncle had his old E30 resprayed here in 2012 and it's held up well so I thought I'd give it a go. Regretting it now but hey at least the car looks better than before lol.

Just want the model designation back on the boot but I won't be able to line the characters up properly :(.

Thanks for taking that harsh one so well. I hope it lasts you a good while, anyway.
I think all look better without any badges. Mine has a subtle 'D6' left on...
I'm thinking of getting another S202 C250TD.
Brilliant cars. And fading from favour yet further.
Looks like you're Ilford way. If you're near E4, always willing to help out with any technical issues.

OP
silestanix

silestanix

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
97' C250TD Sport
Adding to the list of things to do, remove clearcoat from the windscreen, ffs. Will bust out the razor blade and lube tomorrow.

*sigh*.
Thanks for taking that harsh one so well. I hope it lasts you a good while, anyway.
I think all look better without any badges. Mine has a subtle 'D6' left on...
I'm thinking of getting another S202 C250TD.
Brilliant cars. And fading from favour yet further.
Looks like you're Ilford way. If you're near E4, always willing to help out with any technical issues.

Ha it's fine bud, I thought the same thing initially but I've managed to have a thorough look and I think it'll be good for a year or two, anything more than that is a bonus!

I think mine is brilliant, yes there's still some bits I want to sort out but on the whole she's a good motor. A classic that can be used on a daily basis.

I'm near Redbridge, I'm around Forest Gate on Wednesday so if you're around mate I'll pass by or something. Always good to put a face to forum members.

Top Bottom