Your Mercedes
W203 cdi 2004 Estate
I thought it was your post Paul when I first saw it!:lol:

paul hayward

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
all MB sold..V70R now ;-)
I thought it was your post Paul when I first saw it!:lol:

nope...in my dreams:lol:, gotta sort out house out FINALLY first....builder starting in the next 2 weeks:cool:...shame i had to pay the dam VAT bill with some of it:(.. will get the roof n windows in,,,,Carpets and pretty stuff will be done over the next few years..Houses are never finished are they???:lol:

anyway back on topic...MB campervans:cool:... friends dad had a really old LWBase one..huge old tank..parked up in a field in france last time i heard:shock:

Good luck finding your dream camper..and be sure to post some pics up when you find it:cool:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
There are 3 monthly camper mags, exchange and mart.

When I was running the Yamaha service I had a 406 or 7D, that was so nice to drive, a nice size too for a camper

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
The amount campers cost I would think it cheaper to stay in a small hotel if it is week-end use only, Not worth the trouble tried it, wake up in the morning damp, cold, water streaming down the windows. Hope this helps

OP
jibcl500

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
no idea ..other than ebay etc...A mercedes Hymer gets my vote...lot more money though!!!....this one starts off low.........

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hymer-Mer...mpers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item27ca4e10e1

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYMER-660...mpers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item43b2c28dec

Coles gonna kill me when i turn up at a GTG ..or his workshop in one ha ha ha

haha but too big the one I posted is the right size as I can tuck it away at the side of the house when not in use and then park our other Mercedes in front of it so it cant be nicked.
jib

OP
jibcl500

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
The amount campers cost I would think it cheaper to stay in a small hotel if it is week-end use only, Not worth the trouble tried it, wake up in the morning damp, cold, water streaming down the windows. Hope this helps

Brian many thanks for the input!! yes I did think whats the point in spending all that dosh when its easier and cheaper to stay somewhere but then we have fat dog and not many places want a fat dog in a room hence the camper.

I just thought it would be nice to leave on a friday night, have some nosh and a few beers then first thing get out with fat dog and have a walk on the beach etc then stop at a pub for lunch then come home later in the day etc etc.

jib

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
I never has you down as a 'camp-er' sort of person Jib :shock: ;)

brianbrian

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 250D, SL129-deisel
Jibcl500 We also have a dog and thought how nice to stop when you see some where nice and can hear the sea, then when you get home clean camper, that is if you have not caught a cold sleeping in it,cannot have more than two drinks,now find a pub near a river or the sea that allows dogs. Hope this helps

OP
jibcl500

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Well I hate to say it but Ive bought a G reg 208D camper!!!! 70k on the clock not in bad nik but will do some work on tiding it up. pics to follow on the light restoration.

jib

Cardinal Biggles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS 320 (09) W219; C220D (07) W204
Caravanfinder website is pretty good. There is a motor caravan section in Autotrader, of course, but its a bit hit and miss.

Ebay is prob your best bet, Sept/Oct has loads of folk disposing of kit at the end of the season. You also get guys on there supplying conversions for standard vans if you decide to go that route.

MMM is the best mag for campervans.

BorderHooner

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T2 609D 3972cc CVS 1996 Motorhome
have fun.

I have a stealth motorhome Mercedes 609D 1996.

Nowt beats a bit of getting into the wild.

Last edited:

Meyrick Rabjohns

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
608 d
As above would like one for weekends away but fancy an older MB camper with character.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150847864...X:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1177wt_1059

Found this one.

Any suggestions for sites to look at, done ebay, autotrader etc.

jib
Hi well maybe I can help. I've just bought a 1977 merc 608 that's converted to camper.As a rustic style carpenter, I'm going to re vamp the interior to a high standard .The vehicle is going to be parked up near Newgale beach in Pembrokeshire on a friend's wild camping site, and be avaliable to rent on a weekly/ weekend basis. Saves you owning or driving one but you get your dreams fulfilled ! :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom