Looking for e350 cdi coupe

Sykosyksi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 350 cdi coupe
Hi all. I'm new on here and just wanted a bit of advice if possible.
I'm after a new car and I've always wanted a Merc. Been looking at the E class coupe for quite a while now and I'm tempted by the 350 cdi. I love the look of them, especially in amg spec.
Was just wondering what to look out for when buying one. My budget is around 11k. For that I know I will probably be looking at one of the earlier 231hp models. Have seen one with a pan roof and all the toys that I really like and will be test driving soon.
Thanks for reading.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Hi and welcome. Not an expert on diesels I'm afraid but the 350cdi is well liked on here.

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Can’t go far wrong with that, Jbell has the same engine in a C which IIRC he’s only had intercooler seal replacement as an issue, which seems a common but otherwise sweet engine

V6Matty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212/2010/E350 (His) W246/2016/B200 (Hers)
The 350cdi is a lovely engine and maps wonderfully, mine is the earlier 231unit but was mapped to around 290 and almost 700 torques, I'll eventually get it on the dyno at MSL and tweak a little further but even if I don't increase the figures ill still be happy.
When looking, try to find one with the most toys for your budget if like me you spend a fair amount of time in the car the toys make it just that bit more special

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Can’t go far wrong with that, Jbell has the same engine in a C which IIRC he’s only had intercooler seal replacement as an issue, which seems a common but otherwise sweet engine

I have indeed, when you look at then check underneath at the back of the engine for any signs of oil, it is a crap job takes 6-8 hours to fit 2 £4 seals.

Also check rear subframe bushes.

Epic engine particularly after a re-map

OP
Sykosyksi

Sykosyksi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 350 cdi coupe
I've heard good things so far on the forum. Can anyone tell me specifically what the sport button does on the dash, some of them I have seen don't have this button. Thanks for all the responses

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
I have just bought an E350 CDi Sport Coupe, mine is the 231bhp model and at the moment I'm delighted with it, my favourite gadget being the electric seats closely followed by the Harmon Kardon/Comand sound system which is fantastic.
It will play the radio, my iPod, CDs, DVDs, and also has Sat/Nav. There are so many toys on this car, I'm still learning what they all do.
It has auto wipers and lights and the on board computer lets you set it all up to your own personal taste while providing a lot more information than I've ever had in a car before.
The A/C is the zonal type which means Swmbo can be cool at 21 degrees while I bask in 26 degrees of wonderful heat.
Mine doesn't have the pan sunroof but that's a good thing for me, I had a bad experience with a sunroof once before and I never want another as a result.
You will definitely enjoy the car when you get one, the performance, in all respects, is awesome.

OP
Sykosyksi

Sykosyksi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 350 cdi coupe
I have just bought an E350 CDi Sport Coupe, mine is the 231bhp model and at the moment I'm delighted with it, my favourite gadget being the electric seats closely followed by the Harmon Kardon/Comand sound system which is fantastic.
It will play the radio, my iPod, CDs, DVDs, and also has Sat/Nav. There are so many toys on this car, I'm still learning what they all do.
It has auto wipers and lights and the on board computer lets you set it all up to your own personal taste while providing a lot more information than I've ever had in a car before.
The A/C is the zonal type which means Swmbo can be cool at 21 degrees while I bask in 26 degrees of wonderful heat.
Mine doesn't have the pan sunroof but that's a good thing for me, I had a bad experience with a sunroof once before and I never want another as a result.
You will definitely enjoy the car when you get one, the performance, in all respects, is awesome.

The Harmon kardon sound system seems to be a very rare option. As do the ventilated seats. Either way I would like one with as many toys as possible. I would also be interested in possibly mapping the engine at some point because I've heard they respond extremely well to it.

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
The Harmon kardon sound system seems to be a very rare option. As do the ventilated seats. Either way I would like one with as many toys as possible. I would also be interested in possibly mapping the engine at some point because I've heard they respond extremely well to it.

When I get accustomed to, read bored, with 231bhp then, I will look into a remap, as you say, they do seem to respond well to one by all reports.
I wonder if they can make it more economical as well as faster? Lol.:D

Last edited:

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom