Looking for my next car.

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
In my search for a replacement for my ML350 today I had a test drive in an Audi S5 Sportback. On paper the Audi appears to fit what i am looking for, a 4 door performance 4wd saloon for under £25k. First impressions was that this is a nice car but with a few issues on the black paintwork which the seller said they would sort out (a few area's of clouding, some light surface scratches). The car has done 45k miles on a late 14 plate so above average mileage. The alloy wheels have been refurbished but not to OEM spec so this is something I would have to get done again. The car has a nice spec. black edition, 2 tone leather seats, electric memory seats, Multimedia Interface, Audi Drive Select. The S tronic gearbox had a service at a little over 38k miles and was silky smooth, no evidence that the spark plugs and supercharger belt had been replaced which i believe is due about now. I'm certainly interested in this car.

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
It's a shame MB don't have a petrol 4wd 3.0l car for under £25k, I have to stick to below that engine size as my employer pays for all my fuel.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
S5 is a nice car. I would buy it and sort the paint myself obviously taking the cost into account when offering

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
Yeah pity the C43 4matic wasn’t a little cheaper- it’s 44k list I think?

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
If you can look at the service book then it will give you the full details of what needs doing and when.

Loads of good VAG indys out there

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
The servicing has been kept up to date with Audi but I do know the next service is due now which the seller said they would get done. I will see if I can find out what is due to make sure it is all kept up to date.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
The servicing has been kept up to date with Audi but I do know the next service is due now which the seller said they would get done. I will see if I can find out what is due to make sure it is all kept up to date.

If they will have it serviced up to date with a dealer then let them do it, the costs can make MB look cheap if all the belts need replacing

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
If they will have it serviced up to date with a dealer then let them do it, the costs can make MB look cheap if all the belts need replacing
Thanks, I will call my local Audi dealer and see what needs doing, if they will tell me as its not my car yet.

OP
flowrider

flowrider

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 (R230)
The deal is done. August 2014 S5 Sportback Black Edition with......

Full Audi service history
45k miles so a little higher than I woulld have liked but I am a low mileage driver.
Mythos black.
Audi drive select.
Sports differential.
Dynamic steering.
Technical package.
Interior light package.
Storage package.
Front/rear parking sensors with rear view camera.
Super Sports seats lunar/black, heated with driver memory.

The car has recently had the alloy wheels refurbished too.

All in all a nicely spec'ed car.

AP14ONO_01.jpg AP14ONO_11.jpg

e55amggary

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220cdi sport edition Auto / A6 2.7tdi Quattro s line Avant
Cracking looking motor

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Apparently you can even get the car recoded so the indicators work, so I heard...

Very nice btw!

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom