Low Fuel Pressure - W204 2011

Jezbiker

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R reg C250 td
Scratching my head with this one so before going further i thought i would ask you guys.

Have 2011 W204 with the 651 engine - had a leaking injector so replaced the injector and seal and coded the injector - also had to replace the leak off pipe as it had become very brittle.

Car started fine and was ok for an hour - drove about 30 miles and car stopped with low fuel pressure - checked Star and the only fault is low fuel pressure - the low pressure pump is fine but the high pressure pump is only at about 30 - 40 and should be over 200 !!! - the car has only done 85k miles so seems very early for the high pressure pump to fail ??????

When looking at the saddle tank - the drivers side was empty of fuel and passengers side had fuel in it - i have manually put in more fuel but now i have all the fuel on the drivers side and more or less empty on the passenger side. The car was originally on 1/4 tank of fuel so i put £20 of diesel in to take it over the 1/4 tank.

I still get low fuel pressure and thus car will not start.

I dont have a kit to test the Diesel high pressure pump as the one i have is only good up to 10 bar and cant afford to replace the high pressure fuel pump if thats not the problem - any ideas ??

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
Inbalanced (unbalanced?) saddle tanks are a common symptom of HP pump failure, as they stop returning any fuel on the leak off and therefore the tanks do not balance without the venturi.

Was the injector leaking on the leak off, or externally?

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
When was the fuel filter last changed? I had one last week that wouldn't start, low fuel pressure codes, in tank pump was buzzing a bit. Filter was blocked. New one resolved everything.

Westheath

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Empty garage, awaiting new toy :)
Saddle tank syndrome.

Usually high pressure pump as already mentioned.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom