Low mileage SL320 - problems to check

growla666

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL63AMG 2007 and a C250d 4Matic AMG Line 2017
I'm about to check out a 1997 320SL with 30k genuine miles and a full MBSH which I have verified with the dealers over the phone. The car doesn't seem to have done more than about 5k miles a year. I have yet to get hold of the previous owner to establish what kind of driving he did but I'm assuming he only did fair weather driving and looking at the pictures of the car it looks like it was garaged. Question is is it likely to have gearbox problems. I saw somebody else on here saying a low mileage car might have gearbox snags. I hope not as the car seems in superb condition and is only £12995....what else should I look for specifically on a SL320? Any advice greatfully received.......

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I do not think that I have long enough to live to list everything about an SL.
The one thing you must insist on is to see everything work, from the Air con to the hood. Don't worry about low milage things like gearbox, most of that info is not true.

I do own one, and love it, if you want to talk anything over, PM me with your phone number and I will give you a ring.

Malcolm

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom