low tickover speed - 300e low tickover

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUSSELL WHEELER

Reaction score
I have a 1987 300E that ticks over when warm at 500 rpm

It will stall if you put the steering on full lock.

When starting from cold the car is fine, until warm
I have subtituted the Rotary idle actuator, with no change. (also checked for any leaks or kinked pipes in the system)
Dsiconnecting the temp sensor changes the idle speed when cold (seems to have no change when the car is warm so I think that it's ok)

The tickover speed cannot be altered manually, as it is controlled by computer.

Anyone any idea what could be causing the problem ? or can the idle speed be adjusted up?

Anonymous

Reaction score
low tickover speed

The base idle speed may be too low so the idle speed valve can't compensate quickly enough.  I dont know what fuel system your car has but try this if its electronic.
Disconnect the temperature sensor and blip the throttle to 3k.  This sets the ecu to base settings and the idle actuator is parked.  Check the idle speed, and set to about 600 using the air bleed on the throttle body.  reconnect the temperature sensor.
If i'm talking rubbish please let me know.
Will

Anonymous

Reaction score
low tickover speed

As far as I can tell, the system doesn't have an idle bleed screw.
The haynes manual says the idle system is automatic, and cannot be adjusted except at the mercedes main dealers (is it programmed into the ecu?)

(To make the car idle, I removed the idle solenoid valve, and replaced it with a screw, so it will tickover now, but stalls when cold. This is only a temporary solution, but it does work !)

Status
Not open for further replies.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom