M Class Command System

ravi21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 Blue Efficiency
I have a M Class 300 59 plate. The command system developed a problem( reverse camera stopped working) 2 days after I took delivery of the card from the dealership, being a brand new car I was surprised but anyhow thought it is a piece of technology. It was fixed, however since the past 2 years, the command system has broken down 4 times and now it is completely dead. My dealer, tries sorting it, fixes and the problem comes up again.
The dealer this time around says he has been in touch with Germany, I have spoken to the the MB Customer services( apparently the MB does not talk to consumers), they were very rude and finally had to talk to the dealer again.

The dealer has now said they will install a SD card and each time the problem occurs I need to click three buttons at a time. This is what the chaps at Germany have told them i believe.

Wondering if someone could let me know how I should deal with this as a vehicle bought brand new, has had faults in the command which the dealer has been struggling to fix and MB are only saying - talk to dealer.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Sounds like they need to swap out the COMAND unit for a new one.

The car is still under warranty, so insist they change the unit. Perhaps try a different dealership? In my (admittedly limited) contact with MB Customer Services I have found them always polite and supportive.

A

andy@pcd-ltd

I think what the guys in germany have advised them to do with the sd card is so they have a software dump onto the sd card and then they can analyze the fault to see what is happening

This may result in them replacing the comand unit anyway but they have to be sure that its actually the fault and not being caused by another component on the ring

N

npuk

Have you actually asked the dealer what the problem is and how they are 'fixing' it each time. All they maybe doing is pulling the fuse to reset the unit. Have yiu asked them to check the units firmware is upto date, it will have had a few new fimrware releases since 2009.

OP
R

ravi21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 Blue Efficiency
Thank you all for the replies.

I did contact Mercedes Customer Service, they were anything but courteous . They only confirmed that they are aware of the problem.

On two earlier occasions my dealer is supposed to spoken to Germany and did whatever they interacted them to do. Anyhow, the Dealer Principal is on the case now.

Unofficially a member of staff at the dealer told me that they have been asking MB to replace the unit since the second time it developed fault but MB have been avoiding it due to costs.

OP
R

ravi21

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML320 Blue Efficiency
Command System Sorted

Glad it has been sorted ( fingers crossed), the dealership were very helpful....!

davidperfect

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml320cdi/2007/3litre
RAVI

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY ML WHAT ARE THE 3 BUTTONS TO PUSH TO RESET IT?

Alfie

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.comand.co.uk
Your Mercedes
A150 manual, smart forTwo, W205 AMG line premium plus.
RAVI

I HAVE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY ML WHAT ARE THE 3 BUTTONS TO PUSH TO RESET IT?

Easiest way is to remove the fuse, wait a few minutes and paut it back.

I think pressing and holding 3,5 & 7 or 3,5 & 9 and holding them down will reset it but there is no substitie for removing the power altogether.

davidperfect

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ml320cdi/2007/3litre
i cant find out which fuse to remove i tried the 3 number thing didn't work

N

npuk

Fusemap will be in the main fusebox.

I think you may need to hold down 5,3,7

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom