Manchester attack news

Status
Not open for further replies.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Have you asked them all? If, given the choice, would they prefer to live their lives without the encumbrance of a f$ked up ideology? Do this, wear that, don't eat that, think this, or else?

Why are you there? Soft intervention?

Yes, of course. I had all 1.8bn round to my apartment for tea last week and spoke to them all...... (daft questions get daft answers I'm afraid!)

I am here because HMG has told me to be here.

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Yes, of course. I had all 1.8bn round to my apartment for tea last week and spoke to them all...... (daft questions get daft answers I'm afraid!)

Don't be afraid :)

I am here because HMG has told me to be here.

In the same way that HMG didn't deploy you to Chile because ... Or Iceland or Finland or any other country where .... well, you're an intelligent bloke, you can guess the rest.

Nuff respect, because you're there doing what you do, but the prop doesn't wash ;)

drmw

Reaction score
Website
www.autonomed.co.uk
Your Mercedes
M6 Cab - prior to that, SL63 AMG, A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
This thread is heading the same way as the first on the subject. It's an important issue. There are several sides to every argument, but at the moment I'm seeing some real armchair based, bigoted (aka racist), uninformed provocation and if it doesn't stop, the thread will.

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Don't be afraid :)

I'm not.

In the same way that HMG didn't deploy you to Chile because ... Or Iceland or Finland or any other country where .... well, you're an intelligent bloke, you can guess the rest.

I suppose it depends on who you ask as to wether I'm intelligent or not...

Nuff respect, because you're there doing what you do, but the prop doesn't wash ;)

I don't get the prop doesn't wash bit??

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Ahh propaganda. I was thinking prop off a plane!

But my posts aren't propaganda. They are from my own research and experience.

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Ahh propaganda. I was thinking prop off a plane!

But my posts aren't propaganda. They are from my own research and experience.

Noted, understood :)

But what about the heffalump in the living room?

OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
The question as to why Carl is in the Middle East is an interesting one in its own right...

He wouldn't be posted to Iceland because that was a USAF/ USMC posting to Keflavik. Chile- did we ever do BATT there?

Last edited:

C350Carl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
BMW 740Ld xDrive
Islamist extremism is a very real problem. Never said it isn't, fully agree it is. But it's not a problem that has 1.8bn members.

OP
C

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Islamist extremism is a very real problem. Never said it isn't, fully agree it is. But it's not a problem that has 1.8bn members.

Well you've spoken to them all so you should know ;)

Frosty149

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W207 2014 E350 coupe Bluetec D
Extremists exist and have existed throughout history.
There will always be a faction of a political or religious belief base that will quote the 'ends justify the means' mantra.
This is just (regrettably) in the human nature.
Sure we can try to educate, fight-back or submit, but this will not change the fact that extremists/racists/bigots will continue to surface in the global human society...
Solutions need to be global cooperation and policing - good luck with that!

I don't want to be negative, but history teaches us the lessons we continually fail to learn...
I am disappointed at the insular and narrow views I have seen from some.
Rant over and out!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
I
Have you asked them all? If, given the choice, would they prefer to live their lives without the encumbrance of a f$ked up ideology? Do this, wear that, don't eat that, think this, or else?

Why are you there? Soft intervention?
Since when do they HAVE to follow Islam? There are Christians, Buddhists, Hindu and Jews Coexisting in many countries where there are Muslims. It is their choice to believe another ideology or take a more liberal view of Islam.
Not all 1.8bn people observing the Islamic faith dress in prescribed ways or follow the hard core you allude to.
Your statement (as with most of what you say about muslims) deals with a minority.

Frontstep

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
T210 320cdi
Many Muslims have no choice as we have to which religion they follow, they are indoctrinated from childhood .

Other religions do the same.

PovertySpec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDi 07/57
Since when do they HAVE to follow Islam?

That is perhaps the most stupid question I've ever heard and if you don't already know the answer there's nothing I can say which will convince you.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
That is perhaps the most stupid question I've ever heard and if you don't already know the answer there's nothing I can say which will convince you.
But you still don't answer. Are you training to be a politician by avoiding questions?

Yugguy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220CDI W204 Elegance Comand
Aye - "you wouldn't understand" is lazy debating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom