Manual Trans for 5 cyl 3.0 Turbo Diesel

Mb300se65

Reaction score
Website
www.confederatedarmor.com
Dear Benz Friends:

I’m very new to this forum and had posted some questions earlier related to flywheels in the General Mercedes-Benz Related Discussion section and just saw a “Sticky” that says “No Technical Threads Here Please” so I’m redirecting my questions to this section.

I'm building a frame-up 4X4 using the 617.952 engine bolted up to an NP 435 transmission and NP 205 transfer case. I've had an adapter fabricated using the 2.4 liter diesel bell housing, flywheel and clutch assembly that mates up perfectly, but I’ve been told I'm going run into some major issues with that flywheel, as the one in the 2.4 liter and 3.0 liter are balanced differently.

I hear a European Mercedes with a manual transmission was offered using this engine and I think one of these flywheels may be a partial solution. I understand I can’t I take a flywheel from another engine and interchange it without rebalancing the whole assembly as a unit, which I plan to do and want to know if someone can tell me what Mercedes this flywheel would come off of.

Thanks,

MB300SE65

Top Bottom