MB Service History

rolfy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C180 Kompressor Coupe (57 reg)
Just said goodbye to my 2003 C220 CDI Coupe. Lovely car but a real rot-box.

The good news is I traded it in for a 2007 C180 Kompressor Petrol version.

This car only has 20,000 miles on it, looks and drives like it's brand new and has a full MB service history. I think the stealership properly had the one lady owner's pants down as she was having it serviced annually, despite her doing less than 3,000 miles a year.

My question concerns the value of the MB dealership service history. I usually use a good local indy for servicing and faults. What would I lose if I took this car to them, if anything?

To reiterate, the car is 2007 registered so presumably it's well out of any warranty period.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Just said goodbye to my 2003 C220 CDI Coupe. Lovely car but a real rot-box.

The good news is I traded it in for a 2007 C180 Kompressor Petrol version.

This car only has 20,000 miles on it, looks and drives like it's brand new and has a full MB service history. I think the stealership properly had the one lady owner's pants down as she was having it serviced annually, despite her doing less than 3,000 miles a year.

My question concerns the value of the MB dealership service history. I usually use a good local indy for servicing and faults. What would I lose if I took this car to them, if anything?
To reiterate, the car is 2007 registered so presumably it's well out of any warranty period.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Nothing whatsoever, your car will probably get better once you've started using a good local Indy. After all, their only ability to keep your business is by being very good; MB tie people in with deals ;)

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
Yes I'd never bother with main dealers now I have found SPR Autos in Stockport, who do a superb job looking after my small fleet.

OP
rolfy

rolfy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Guys

Much as I thought but, having never owned a car with a full dealer service history, I thought I'd just check.

Chrishazle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 2008 C220CDI Elegance Estate Auto, 2008 R171 Facelift SLK280
Did the dealership give you print-outs of the service invoices when you bought the car? My S204 was 1 owner, supplied and serviced by the dealership I bought from, and they gave me copies of the service invoices so I know exactly what was done/fitted and when - for example the fuel filter was changed at 3 years instead of 4, so I knew it needed doing at 7 not 8!

OP
rolfy

rolfy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Did the dealership give you print-outs of the service invoices when you bought the car?
Yrs Chris - everything including MOT fail work done. They properly had her eyes out!

I suppose the question is:

Does a MB Full servise history give any advantage over a Full Service History but mainly from Indy garages? Ie doea it maintain any corrosion or other waranty that would disappear as soon as a non MB dealer does work on the car? Ĺ

nicholas15

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
s class w221 - 2012 350 Bluetec, SL500 r230 2003
Did the dealership give you print-outs of the service invoices when you bought the car?
Yrs Chris - everything including MOT fail work done. They properly had her eyes out!

I suppose the question is:

Does a MB Full servise history give any advantage over a Full Service History but mainly from Indy garages? Ie doea it maintain any corrosion or other waranty that would disappear as soon as a non MB dealer does work on the car? Ĺ

Mobilo Life saves on AA/RAC breakdown cover - but then that comes "free" with my bank account.

Dave779

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes SL350 2003 and Nissan Qashqai 1.2 Tekna 2016
There is a good indy near Lichfiel, he has 29 years mercedes technition and charges half the price of main dealer but does get busy. Hope this helps.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom