Members names

Grotbag

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 C220 Estate Sport Premium AND 2005 CLK 200K Convertible Avantgarde
Grotbag, my parents had a sense of humour....

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Willie, but lots of folk know me as Woody.
I have four kids, each of whose partners, friends etc. know them as Woody.
My wife calls me Willie and my mum calls me William, but only on a Sunday or when I'm in the bad books.

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
Willie, but lots of folk know me as Woody.
I have four kids, each of whose partners, friends etc. know them as Woody.
My wife calls me Willie and my mum calls me William, but only on a Sunday or when I'm in the bad books.

Hah hah hah, snap! My Mum only ever called me James on a Sunday or (more often) if I was in trouble. Otherwise I was Jim.

00slk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL55 AMG, 2005 E320 CDi, 2014 SLK250 CDi, 2003 SLK200
I was known as Jacky for quite a number of years way back. Jack when living in Kentucky, and no one there knew my real name was Peter. They still call me Jack!
Everyone seems to call me all sorts of names now :(

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
Hah hah hah, snap! My Mum only ever called me James on a Sunday or (more often) if I was in trouble. Otherwise I was Jim.

I started off my career in Construction and Property as an apprentice Quantity Surveyor and there were already five other guys in the firm called various iterations of "William" . There was .....

William, Bill, Billy, Liam, Willie and me.

I was called Brian for 5 years.

Lord Bungle

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 C220 Elegance Saloon
I started off my career in Construction and Property as an apprentice Quantity Surveyor and there were already five other guys in the firm called various iterations of "William" . There was .....

I used to work in a pub, (ended up running it) and a customer that came in pretty much every night on his way home from work was welcomed with "Hello Stuart", one night after him drinking there for 12 years he turned up with his wife, who promptly asked "Paul, why do they call you Stuart?"
he explained that the first time he set foot in the pub someone called him Stuart, and as we were all big blokes he didn't feel like he should point out the mistake, and by time he left the pub that night ' Stuart' had discovered new local and group of friends, so the name stuck.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
I used to work in a pub, (ended up running it) and a customer that came in pretty much every night on his way home from work was welcomed with "Hello Stuart", one night after him drinking there for 12 years he turned up with his wife, who promptly asked "Paul, why do they call you Stuart?"
he explained that the first time he set foot in the pub someone called him Stuart, and as we were all big blokes he didn't feel like he should point out the mistake, and by time he left the pub that night ' Stuart' had discovered new local and group of friends, so the name stuck.

And you got your username because you're really called Zippy? ;)

OP
Jimbo1959

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone

Had a similar experience while working in Copdock in the ‘70’s 4 James’s I got Jamie, then there was Jim, Jimmy and James. I did volunteer for Hamish but it wasn’t appreciated/understood. Most of the time though I was Jock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
I'm Jim :) ( Believe it or not !!! ) :)

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
User name is based around my surname, but my first is Jonathan

Top Bottom