Merc lease

Incognito

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK/2014/2.0
Hi all

As am at a loss who to contact regarding my situation I thought I'd try and glean some information from you wonderful knowledgeable veterans on here as you've been so very helpful in the past.

I leased a brand new SLK from Mercedes Benz for 3 years and has now been returned. Had the mandatory inspection day before collected who advised it would cost me £16 for repairs which was OK with.

So, happily waved away my vehicle and then yesterday received a bill from MB expecting it to be the £16 but was instead for £850!! Stating incomplete service.

I've had the car fully serviced twice by my local garage as third service not yet due.

To say I'm gobsmacked is an understatement!

A) Who the Hell pays £850 for a car service?
B) The mileage is only 8k

Does anyone know what grounds I have to dispute this unbelievable demand?

Thanks to all. Am panicking somewhat

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hi , when you say local garage , did they use all Merc parts filters and recommended oil spec and did they complete the services to MB requirements , that's all I can think of .

GlosRichCLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 W177 A180 SE auto, 2012 W212 E350 CDi Sport saloon, 2001 CLK 230 K Cabriolet A208
Ask them to detail exactly what the £850 is for, sounds like more than a service... tyres maybe, any body damage?

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
Hi all

As am at a loss who to contact regarding my situation I thought I'd try and glean some information from you wonderful knowledgeable veterans on here as you've been so very helpful in the past.

I leased a brand new SLK from Mercedes Benz for 3 years and has now been returned. Had the mandatory inspection day before collected who advised it would cost me £16 for repairs which was OK with.

So, happily waved away my vehicle and then yesterday received a bill from MB expecting it to be the £16 but was instead for £850!! Stating incomplete service.

I've had the car fully serviced twice by my local garage as third service not yet due.

To say I'm gobsmacked is an understatement!

A) Who the Hell pays £850 for a car service?
B) The mileage is only 8k

Does anyone know what grounds I have to dispute this unbelievable demand?

Thanks to all. Am panicking somewhat

Two questions...

1. Did you have anything signed on collection stating that the costs would be £16? A works docket etc.
2. Howcome you registered over a year ago but this is your first post..?

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.
Already posted on another thread.

"Having spent many years in the Vehicle Contract Hire business, I think as far as the Leasing Co. is concerned the residual value built into the lease would be based on the assumption that a full service history is present.

However the absence of the final service, IE being maybe a few hundred miles overdue, is a difficult one to put a value to. In most cases, depending on who the lease company is, it would not attract any penalties.

We at HMC would not have pursued it, however there are a few that would due to the perceived tight margins they have to work to these days. :)'"

You seem to have found the one of few who Lessors will pursue the absence of a full service history. I assume you have had two of the annual services and not the last one maybe.

A full service history is an important element in achieving the residual value built into the lease. Your Lessor is obviously highly dependant on achieving that RV and need to address it.

I don't know how you proceed from here but you should read the small print in your contract as you may be in breach of your contract. All you can hope for is that you can negotiate a compromise. I wish you luck, they have probably got a tight contract there. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Monday

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL400 2016, CLS350 2020
[QUOTE
So, happily waved away my vehicle and then yesterday received a bill from MB expecting it to be the £16 but was instead for £850!! Stating incomplete service.[/QUOTE]

It sounds as though your first two services did not meet MB standards - or have been perceived as not meeting MB standards. I just received a copy of an MB booklet on vehicle return as my current PCP expires in 6 months. Under Step 4 "Make sure your service history and MoT are up to date", it states "We recommend that your service is carried out by a MB Retailer as this helps avoid additional fees when returning your vehicle. Our MB trained technicians use Genuine Parts which forms a part of our vehicle return standards".

Nothing like gun to your head! Clearly you do not have to use an MB Retailer for your service work, but he must use Genuine Parts. I would have a look at your service invoices; if your garage has used "Genuine Parts" but not specifically invoiced them, then go back and get them to do so. Of course if he hasn't used Genuine Parts then you have a problem but not necessarily an £850-sized problem

Then ring MB Finance. I have found they climb down fairly readily when challenged.

Headhurts

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes GLC300 2021
Phew, that's a large sum as AJD says you must have a hard lease contract.

I handed my 2014 E350 Hybrid back last year 1 month early and had not done the second service, I did not hear another word from them (Hitachi Finance).

Good luck with your negotiations.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom